I want battlers, not bottlers

Scottish Mag

Glenn Roeder has warned Newcastle United that he will not tolerate having any "bottlers" at St James' Park.

And the United boss has threatened that players not showing bravery or pulling their weight will be shown the door.

This is in reply to a point put to Roeder during the Chronicle's exclusive question-and-answer session, with Matthew of Northumberland asking: "What are you going to do to instil some bottle throughout the team?"

And it's certainly a fair question after some United heads most definitely went down when Charlton went ahead in their 2-0 victory at The Valley a week past Sunday.

Indeed, Roeder says: "Generally speaking, since I became manager of this club last February and bearing in mind the number of injuries we have had, I have been delighted with the response from our squad of players.

"This was shown in our results from February to the end of last season when, considering the position we were in, we managed to finish seventh in the Premiership.

"However, in our last two games in Alkmaar and at The Valley I was particularly disappointed with the attitude of two or three of our players - not all of them - when we went a goal behind.

"This is something I just will not accept. I know who these players are and it will not matter to me whether they have contracts or not - they will not feature in my long-term plans for this football club."

Indeed, Roeder says: "Generally speaking, since I became manager of this club last February and bearing in mind the number of injuries we have had, I have been delighted with the response from our squad of players.

Good to see him not blaming injuries again, eh?

he's like one of them toys you buy a kid where you pull the string and it speaks or makes some sort of noise, funny at first but after awhile you just want it to shut the fuck up

Like FX off 'Fantastic Max'?

Good to see him not blaming injuries again, eh?

There's actually no point in him using injuries as an excuse, seeing as we actually got results when the crisis was at its peak. Now that we have most of our players available, we're in the shit because Roeder doesn't know where to play anyone.

Eh? He's identifying players which aren't good enough, and is going to get rid of them.

Stop moaning for fucks sake.

He's talking shite more like.

"Battlers rather than bottlers", could he get any more cliched? He'll be sick as a parrot next. The biggest failure in the squad is Roeder, end of story.

Eh? He's identifying players which aren't good enough, and is going to get rid of them.

Stop moaning for fucks sake.

Like Roeder you mean? ;)

Put it this way, I'd be more upset if he was planning on soldiering forward with some of the crock of shit in our squad.

I'd be even happier if he conducted matters behind closed doors more.

Then people would be annoyed because they are being kept in the dark...

Everyones going to moan at some point, I have myself, I'm just sick of doing it. Sad really.

It's not so much that I'm against him keeping fans informed, rather saying things he later goes back on. I'm not too arsed with with his latest comments to be honest, I'm sick of moaning too ;)