Andorra v England

TheMoog

Chuff me, I saw all of 10 minutes myself and everyone else I spoke to said it'd been the same throughout. England look worse than we do, don't think there's much between the managerial abilities of McClaren or Roeder, in fact perhaps Roeder 'just' pips it but they're both shite. Beating Andorra 2-0 will keep Steve in a job but it's never going to be anywhere near reasonable for a team with the players we have because we still get spanked when we have to play a half decent team.

the slight possibility of McClaren realising Lampard and Gerrard don't work together in central midfield...

Didn't exactly 'work' tonight either though did it?

At least one of them (the better player) excelled, as he managed to score a couple of goals.

Not that a player like Gerrard scoring twice againsts the monsters of Andorra is anything spectacular.

the slight possibility of McClaren realising Lampard and Gerrard don't work together in central midfield...

Didn't exactly 'work' tonight either though did it?

At least one of them (the better player) excelled, as he managed to score a couple of goals.

Not that a player like Gerrard scoring twice againsts the monsters of Andorra is anything spectacular.

Exactly, if it was Gerrard who was injured and Lampard played then chances are he would have scored a couple.

3-0 actually... but your point still stands. At least there are some positives - Gerrard, Nugent's debut, the slight possibility of McClaren realising Lampard and Gerrard don't work together in central midfield...

Hehe, aye, it was still 2-0 when I gave up watching ;))

Defoe did not look happy at nugent like!

;) Not at all. I don't blame Nugent though and Defoe would have done the same thing.

Edited by alex

Dyer did well when he came on. Looked very lively, and some nice touches. Dare I say he looked a better player playing with people that can pass the ball in to feet.

His shot reminded me of that advert (for a bank I think) where the lad kicks the beach-ball but it goes flying backwards over his head.

McClaren in denial again. I'm not one of these people who wishes bad things on managers, they're only human and some of the personal stick they get from the fans and press is piss poor. However, the longer McClaren keeps up this 'we played well' malarky when we were blatantly awful then the more I think he deserves the stick tbh.

Feel sorry for the bloke tbh (although I agree about his recent post-match patter). It's the FA's fault they appointed a bloke who isn't up to the job.

Guy from the Express this morning on SSN seemed to have sympathy for him as well, laying the blame at this sports physcologist bloke he always has with him. Claims he's making him be overly positive about things rather than honest.

Guy from the Express this morning on SSN seemed to have sympathy for him as well, laying the blame at this sports physcologist bloke he always has with him. Claims he's making him be overly positive about things rather than honest.

Bill Beswick. Followed him from Middlesbrough. Biggest joke is he's actually listed as being an England mind coach ffs.

Also since Steve Round left Boro to join the England set-up earlier in the season, the smogs have started playing better and England have started playing like the smogs.

Bill Beswick. Followed him from Middlesbrough. Biggest joke is he's actually listed as being an England mind coach ffs.

Also since Steve Round left Boro to join the England set-up earlier in the season, the smogs have started playing better and England have started playing like the smogs.

That's the bloke, Beswick. The press hate him, claim he's a right shifty twat and is basically brain washing McClaren. I don't know if it's true, but the bloke from the Express was saying he organises all McClaren's PR, how he dresses, how he does press conferences etc.

That's the bloke, Beswick. The press hate him, claim he's a right shifty twat and is basically brain washing McClaren. I don't know if it's true, but the bloke from the Express was saying he organises all McClaren's PR, how he dresses, how he does press conferences etc.

He does. Also advised McClaren to spend six grand on getting his teeth whitened to improve his image apparently.

He does. Also advised McClaren to spend six grand on getting his teeth whitened to improve his image apparently.

Did he advise him to walk out on last night's press conference too? ;) I think McClaren's probably a decent enough bloke in a job that's way out of his league. Agree with whoever said that the FA are responsible for the whole mess more so than the baldy quiff man.

I'm assuming it's this mind coach that's advised him appallingly on how to handle the Lampard situation too. Supposedly Lampard was fit to play and was dropped. But instead of coming out and saying "See, I AM a man that can make big decisions", a smoke screen has been set up involving an injured wrist. Which makes McClaren look like a soft shite.

I'm assuming it's this mind coach that's advised him appallingly on how to handle the Lampard situation too. Supposedly Lampard was fit to play and was dropped. But instead of coming out and saying "See, I AM a man that can make big decisions", a smoke screen has been set up involving an injured wrist. Which makes McClaren look like a soft shite.

If that's true it's ridiculous. Plus, it would have prevented him putting Lampard on as sub during the game at any point.

If that's true it's ridiculous. Plus, it would have prevented him putting Lampard on as sub during the game at any point.

He wasn't on the bench - there are other rumours floating around that Lampard flounced off and demanded to be allowed to leave for home immediately if he wasn't playing. Which I guess would explain the need for a smokescreen. McClaren should just say he dropped him - that's his job ffs, no one's going to have a problem with him doing his job apart from Lampard in this instance.

I know on the radio this morning (Talksport, I know) the presenter on there (ex-Chelsea) was at the Chelsea Village last night and bumped into the club doctor and asked what the craic was with Lampard's wrist. The club doctor told him that he was passed fit to play.