Euro 96: England Vs Holland

Hatful Of Hollow

Shearer and Sheringham were awesome together back then like. After the 95/96 season I think this match gave me back my enthusiasm for football. Although the England - Scotland game was canny too ;)

Euro 96 was brilliant. I went to this one and the Denmark v Croatia game at Hillsbrough when Suker chipped Schmeichel.

Has anyone else read those quotes from Ian Wright cursing the fact he wasn't in the squad? Apparantly he just knows that he was destined to score against Germany when Gazza slid in for that chance and missed by milimetres ;)

Euro 96 was brilliant. I went to this one and the Denmark v Croatia game at Hillsbrough when Suker chipped Schmeichel.

Has anyone else read those quotes from Ian Wright cursing the fact he wasn't in the squad? Apparantly he just knows that he was destined to score against Germany when Gazza slid in for that chance and missed by milimetres :crylaughin:

I was at that Croatia game too. They were awesome.

England were lucky as owt in that tournament. Didn't have to qualify, had all their games at Wembley, drew with the sh*ttest team in the tournament in the first game, were lucky in the second game against Scotland, thrashed Holland, robbed the Spaniards in the Quarters before finally going out.

England were lucky as owt in that tournament. Didn't have to qualify, had all their games at Wembley, drew with the sh*ttest team in the tournament in the first game, were lucky in the second game against Scotland, thrashed Holland, robbed the Spaniards in the Quarters before finally going out.

I like how you classify that as one of the reasons we were lucky. :crylaughin:

I was in America for nearly all of it. Had to keep ringing up my gran to get the results. We were driving from Washington DC to North Carolina (a 7 hour drive IIRC) and I insisted we pulled over so I could ring her to get the result from the spain game. She told me we won on penalties, reporting that Stuart Pearce was 'quite pleased' when he scored his. Talk about an understatement!