BBC and Sky lose FA Cup and England Matches

Gemmill

ITV and Setanta have won them. I sincerely hope that NOBODY buys a Setanta subscription so they make a big loss on it. Canny bad news though.

Shearer will not be amused - pretty much no live matches on the BBC.

ITV and Setanta have won them. I sincerely hope that NOBODY buys a Setanta subscription so they make a big loss on it. Canny bad news though.

Why what have you got against setanta. Also means Shearer is looking for a job.

Setanta having TV rights makes it dearer for the average fan to watch football on TV as it requires purchasing two subscriptions if you want access to every match. It wouldn't be so bad if Sky dropped their prices to reflect the fact they'll be showing less football but that ain't gonna happen.

Edited by ewerk

Setanta having TV rights makes it dearer for the average fan to watch football on TV as it requires purchasing two subscriptions if you want access to every match. It wouldn't be so bad if Sky dropped their prices to reflect the fact they'll be showing less football but that ain't gonna happen.

I see. But you can get setanta through cable . Also Virgin may make it cheaper to buy to take subscribers from Sky. I have a hatred for anything owned by Murdoch.

I see. But you can get setanta through cable . Also Virgin may make it cheaper to buy to take subscribers from Sky. I have a hatred for anything owned by Murdoch.

Either way you're now having to pay an additional subscription for football. I don't see any benefits to that for the consumer. That's what I have against Setanta, really. Plus their coverage is diabolical - seriously, if you thought Five or ITV were bad, you've seen nothing like Setanta.

Blanket hate of anything made by 20th Century Fox?

Blanket hate of anything made by 20th Century Fox?

Not saying i don't partake in his products just seriously dislike the man.

I fucking hate Setanta. Though I hate the morons who decided to offer a package to them more.

Just like directory inquiries. 'Oh, let's make it a competitive market, that'll be great for the consumer!'. Yeah, except now it costs a shitload fucking more, whichever one of the 250 you decide to take a chance on.

I fucking hate Setanta. Though I hate the morons who decided to offer a package to them more.

Just like directory inquiries. 'Oh, let's make it a competitive market, that'll be great for the consumer!'. Yeah, except now it costs a shitload fucking more, whichever one of the 250 you decide to take a chance on.

It would only be competitive if they all showed the same matches. Personally I say fuck it, no way on Earth am I subscribing to Setanta, I'd rather save my money and listen to it on the radio or watch in the pub.

Virgin and Setanta have been poised to do a deal for ages, this may be the thing that pushes it though. If so it could be great news for us Virgin Media customers and not so great news for Sky.

Setanta is poo. Remember that Intertoto game last season, there was no pre-match, half time or post-match coverage at all!

Didn't they fuck up for the Partizan home game a few years back aswell? I wouldn't know, I was there :crylaughin: (superfan tbh)

The best thing to do is to stop being bothered. I used to watch Eastenders every time it was on.. :lol:

Then I thought to myself: "What the fuck am I playing at" :lol:

...after a while you don't give a toss. Simple.

Ultimately, football is the same, and weening ourselves off it will bring the price down.

Lo! I am a genius.

*bows*

:crylaughin:

Too late I already have a subsrciption to Setanta via my Freeview box the coverage is fine.

I used to subscribe to Sky and cancelled a couple of years ago when I got sick of being ripped off by that twat Murdoch, I will never go back to them.

I am glad that $ky have got a bit of competition.

Anyone who interested in Setanta can get the sports channel if you have a freeview box with a slot for a card.

http://gb.setanta.tv/freeview.htm