Does your car fill with petrol

Renton

33 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Which version? I've had the LR for 3 years. Hands down the best car I've ever owned. 320miles to a charge, 0-60 in 4 seconds, Netflix on the telly for the bairn when we are parked up. 

yeah, the long range highlander 

However, I’m slightly concerned about the amount of time it might take to charge. (Not that i’ll be driving it on too many long journeys tbh other than up to Newcastle once or twice a year. 

I’ve just driven across the states on a work trip in a Chevy bolt and it took over an hour to fully charge on a “super fast” charging point - is that normal?

There are charging points on my street but we’re probably going to have one installed on our drive too as I gather it saves you loads of money  

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yeah, the long range highlander 

However, I’m slightly concerned about the amount of time it might take to charge. (Not that i’ll be driving it on too many long journeys tbh other than up to Newcastle once or twice a year. 

I’ve just driven across the states on a work trip in a Chevy bolt and it took over an hour to fully charge on a “super fast” charging point - is that normal?

There are charging points on my street but we’re probably going to have one installed on our drive too as I gather it saves you loads of money  

200 miles in 20mins ish on a supercharger

Fortunately, there's one about 4 mile from my house, behind Washington services 

7 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

200 miles in 20mins ish on a supercharger

Fortunately, there's one about 4 mile from my house, behind Washington services 

my old stomping ground

I heard an interview with John Peel years ago and he apparently bumped into Morrissey there once. Morrissey said “these are my favourite motorway services”. This was before he became a fascist 

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

A lot of money floating about on TT. Most of it being WASTED on fancy cars. 💸

Not guilty. Bought this shitheap because it had just been mot'd and everything else at that price was a non-runner. 

It's got so much "character" compared to a nice new car that we've not even tried stereo yet, been too preoccupied getting familiar with the weird sounds it makes. You know, standard stuff like the clock of the boot popping open when you turn on the rear wiper.

17 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Mine’s a motability so nothing wasted

See, I'm still on the fence. Were going the same route but losing out a few hundred in disability benefits every month in favour of the car. It's more Mrs B that wants the shiny new car and peace of mind that comes with it. 

If I had my own way (and a driveway to work on the last motor) I'd be saying "there's a fucking bus stop across the road. It'll only be for as long as it takes me to source a new gearbox and learn how to fit it."

Just now, Blastronaut said:

See, I'm still on the fence. Were going the same route but losing out a few hundred in disability benefits every month in favour of the car. It's more Mrs B that wants the shiny new car and peace of mind that comes with it. 

If I had my own way (and a driveway to work on the last motor) I'd be saying "there's a fucking bus stop across the road. It'll only be for as long as it takes me to source a new gearbox and learn how to fit it."

You don’t just get a car though, it’s insurance, breakdown cover, free tyres and servicing too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

You don’t just get a car though, it’s insurance, breakdown cover, free tyres and servicing too.

I'll concede it would've made a world of a difference if I'd listened to earlier and wed done it before we broke down on holiday last month, but then the kids would've been robbed of a valuable life experience.

On 03/11/2023 at 23:44, Kid Dynamite said:

Which version? I've had the LR for 3 years. Hands down the best car I've ever owned. 320miles to a charge, 0-60 in 4 seconds, Netflix on the telly for the bairn when we are parked up. 

There can be only one!