No extra pies

Isegrim

Since the summer our IT Department has been working on a new Smartcard entry, membership and loyalty system which will see an end to the traditional season ticket book from the commencement of season 2007/8.

We aim to go live with the new access system from July 2007 and it is already being trialled in the south west corner of the stadium, where some fans have exchanged their old season ticket books for Smartcards and entered the stadium using the new technology.

Once the new card becomes established amongst supporters as an entry system we will be introducing further facilities on the card including membership, loyalty schemes and e-purse.

The Smartcard system is being introduced to further improve the experience for season ticket holders and members alike and is being designed to offer fans attending St. James’ Park an improved match day experience, whilst presenting the highest level of stadium accessibility and safety.

Together with attendance reporting, it will provide faster and streamlined access to the stadium and help eliminate touting and forged tickets. In due course we anticipate an integrated reward scheme will also be offered which will generate returns and savings for the fans and Club alike.

Since the summer our IT Department has been working on a new Smartcard entry, membership and loyalty system which will see an end to the traditional season ticket book from the commencement of season 2007/8.

We aim to go live with the new access system from July 2007 and it is already being trialled in the south west corner of the stadium, where some fans have exchanged their old season ticket books for Smartcards and entered the stadium using the new technology.

Once the new card becomes established amongst supporters as an entry system we will be introducing further facilities on the card including membership, loyalty schemes and e-purse.

The Smartcard system is being introduced to further improve the experience for season ticket holders and members alike and is being designed to offer fans attending St. James’ Park an improved match day experience, whilst presenting the highest level of stadium accessibility and safety.

Together with attendance reporting, it will provide faster and streamlined access to the stadium and help eliminate touting and forged tickets. In due course we anticipate an integrated reward scheme will also be offered which will generate returns and savings for the fans and Club alike.

I guess

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=442

will become redundant as season ticket holders won't be able to sell their match day tickets from their ticket book.

Bit of a shitter really tbh.

If someone really can't make the match then sending someone 1 ticket stub a couple of days beforehand is perfectly fine, and I can't see how it is illegal or disadvantaging the club in any way?

I can see it now, first home game of 2007/08, 3pm, a quarter full stadium as everyone is stuck outside after another monumental club fuck up. They can't even open the ground properly for a FA Youth Cup match for fucks sake. :crylaughin:

The only reason the club are introducing it is to stop people buying off mates and get them from the club. More often than not (in the current climate) that person simply wont go.

As for the accounts, I may not be an expert like Gem or ChezGiven, but the phrase 'run for the hills' springs to mind. Our net asset value (effectively what the club is worth if you shut up shop tomorrow) is £7m. The fact we retain a market cap of over £60m says a lot about expected future revenues from TV contracts. I'd be worried that we have a cash position of £17m overdrawn with the bulk of this season's cash income already booked. There is no money to be spent.

Interestingly, the appointment of Walton to the board is with regards to developments around SJP which could result in re-financing. The best man for the job is the poacher-turned-gamekeeper- I'm assuming he was a relationship director for Barclays given the report mentions a '10 year association' with the club.

So if you can't make a game, you've basically got to give your ticket to someone you can trust as you'll need it back.

I guess the General Sale/Away tickets will be in the style of Man City where you just scan your paper ticket's barcode.