Roeder: The fans didn't help

Jimbo

Glenn Roeder has admitted to a deep sense of frustration following Newcastle's defeat to Manchester City, but has vowed not to bow to fans' pressure.

Newcastle failed to break down a well-drilled City defence and were hit with an Emile Mpenza sucker punch ten minutes from time.

The Magpies faithful made their feelings known throughout the contest, but Roeder has vowed to continue to select the team he feels is the correct one.

"I am very, very disappointed," he told Sky Sports. "We found it hard to break Manchester City down.

"They came to do a job, very defensive, they did not really come out to play.

"It was up to us to break them down and I thought we had when Scott Parker scored. Having seen it, it is marginal he is offside and it could have gone our way on another day.

"If we take the lead they have to come out and play and that makes it easier for us.

"The goal was a classic counter attack. It was probably their only chance of the game, they score from it and it is disappointing that in the final ten minutes we don't get an equaliser because we pushed forward and made some good opportunities."

Roeder can understand the frustrations from the St James' Park faithful, but has vowed to stick to his principles.

"It is most difficult for the fans. There is high expectation at Newcastle, but they don't understand how difficult it is to break a team down," he added.

"It proved very difficult and frustrating. Normally the fans are helpful here, but they quickly got frustrated and that got to the players. In the end it started to show in our play.

"They (the fans) don't pick the team and never will do. If fans voice their opinions about a particular player, it is usually because they are frustrated.

"I will never make a substitution on the back of what the fans want."

Sorry Glenn, I didn't realise it was our fault. :crylaughin:

You are probably right , we don't reaise how difficutit it is break down defences like City, Charlton and Boro. After all other clubs have only scored 120 goals in total against those 3 all season!

Mea Culpa!

Well Glenn you mong, it seems we did force you to bring Milner on as he wasn't even warming up and you brought him on.

"Glenn Roeder doesn't bring on substitutes for anyone but himself. (Except for if you shout REALLY loud :crylaughin: )"

Well Glenn you mong, it seems we did force you to bring Milner on as he wasn't even warming up and you brought him on.

"Glenn Roeder doesn't bring on substitutes for anyone but himself. (Except for if you shout REALLY loud :crylaughin: )"

Yeah, you could see him trying to get Nobby back on as well when we shouted his name.

The blokes a joke.

I thought it was canny, sing a players name, 5 minuteslater he's on.

I say next week we sing for Ronaldo, Gerrard, and Ronaldinho!

Doesnt seem to work like that though, I distinctly hear a number of people shouting the words "Roeder fuck off" yet five minutes later he was still there :crylaughin:

Anyone seen that Towelie episode of South Park where the boys are after their Okama games sphere back; the Tyna Corp boss keeps explaining the truth behind Towelie....

Thats all I think about now whenever I hear Roedent or Shepherd trotting out the usual excuses. "Oh my God..don't care" Just fuck off.

Thing is, I thought Man City were poor and there for the taking. Beat oursleves yeterday, we were neither outplayed or beaten tactically. We were just shit. They didn't look like a team that were difficult to break down, I bet they couldn't believe their fucking luck.

Rodent's not really helping to endear himself to the fans is he... to be honest at the rate he's going he's going to be as disliked as Souness, he should quit while he's got a bit of sympathy.

Rodent's not really helping to endear himself to the fans is he... to be honest at the rate he's going he's going to be as disliked as Souness, he should quit while he's got a bit of sympathy.

I'm being serious here when I say that I think Souness is a better manager than Roeder. I don't remember us ever being this much of a pushover at home under Souness. The performances were shit, but there was always a bit of battle there. That's completely gone under the insipid tit Roeder.