Another country to live in, which would it be?

bobbyshinton

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd give Australia a go. Could quite fancy California again - San Francisco, LA, San Diego or Santa Barbara. Or Canada.

Basically needs to be English speaking though, not sure I could be chewed with learning a language.

I've oft fancied Canada, yet Ive never visited yet. No where Ive been on holiday tbf. No where that dont speak English either (as you should learn the lingo and I wouldnt be arsed). NZ would be tempting as I know people that have went there.

US or Australia would be nice. Although living as an Ex-Pat in one of the old colonies would be good aswell. Bahamas or the like..

Spain (but not the Costas populated with British ex-pats and holiday makers), maybe France or Germany. Don't know about living there, but I've every intention of visiting Brazil and Argentina.

It would have to be a country where football is prominant, otherwise it would drive me nuts. So the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand are all out of the equation, though I'd gladly visit any of those places.

Probably the middle east. Preferably Egypt. Not really interested in English speaking and my arabic isnt bad so probably there. If I dont come home this summer then I'll go abroad. Might be Dubai or Bahrain. They arent bad. Istanbul wouldnt be bad either.

Although NZ looks stunning I think it may be a little bit too much of a step back in time for me - prefer somewhere a little more cosmopolitan and vibrant. Saying that, my favourite parts of the word vary from fantastic cities to coastal towns and countryside. I could happily live in Australia, New York (an apartment in Manhattan please) a farmhouse in France or Italy, a town house in Dublin, Barcelona or in one of the non-touristy, hidden spots in northern Mallorca.

Anywhere pretty and interesting, and it has to be close to the sea.

Maybe I'm easily pleased, but I don't mind this country. Would like a place on the edge of the North Yorks moors or the dales. Or the Lake district. And a little place in Cornwall too.

I enjoy visiting the U.S but wouldn't want to live there, Australia is alright apart from all the bloody Australians. Never been to N.Z but friends that have have told me its great. Others have said its like Wales mind. And its a bit far. I do like the Dutch and they seem to have life pretty much sorted so maybe I'd try there.