So... Would you say we are now safe?

MattM4

Having now reached to holy grail of 40 points. Charlton and the Hammers seem to be getting their arse into gear (as much as I like to see Arsenal lose)...

:icon_lol:

We we're always going to get at least 3 points (probably more) from the matches left IMO, despite the "half the table is in a relegation fight" hysterics of last week.

So I suppose it is still technically possible we could be relegated, but really it's no more likely than it was before the Sheff game. Just the Sheffield game was one of the easier ones to get the full 3 points and of course getting points sooner is better (for the nerves) than later. But I still think we've got a few winable games left and hopefully can draw a few of the difficult ones.

So really I'm just hoping for a finish as high up the table as we can with NO more injuries.

Having now reached to holy grail of 40 points. Charlton and the Hammers seem to be getting their arse into gear (as much as I like to see Arsenal lose)...

Didn't Roedent get West Ham relegated on 41 points ?

But I still think we've got a few winable games left and hopefully can draw a few of the difficult ones.

Arsenal - bear with a sore head after yesterday - no chance of a win

Pompey - with their home record/or record there and the boost of yesterday? - no chance.

Chelsea - not playing in plimas like last year - no chance.

Reading - hard to say but doubtful.

Blackburn - inconsistent - if we hit them on one of their good days then no chance.

Watford - THey'll be down but never trust a dead dog.

I'm usually an optimist but honestly don't see "a few winable games" - we have to rely on Wigan and Sheff U ending poorly to be sure.

But I still think we've got a few winable games left and hopefully can draw a few of the difficult ones.

Pompey - with their home record/or record there and the boost of yesterday? - no chance.

Blackburn - inconsistent - if we hit them on one of their good days then no chance.

I'm usually an optimist but honestly don't see "a few winable games" - we have to rely on Wigan and Sheff U ending poorly to be sure.

There's 2 or 3 games there that we are quite capable of winning, and we could grind out a draw in the others.

However Nerwcastle being Newcastle we could lose every single one, but I just don't see it happening.

But yes even before yesterdays win, to be relegated not only do we have to do amazingly badly, but also many of the teams below have to do amazingly well, which is why it was never likely to happen IMO (especially as some of those really in the relegation scrap have some tough fixtures too).

Didn't Roedent get West Ham relegated on 41 points ?

42 actually, I think.

Using the BBC predictor -

howtheseasonwillendbg1.jpg

The Goal difference is a bit off as it was more a case of win, lose or draw.

However Man U would still win on goal difference in real life.

Using the BBC predictor -

howtheseasonwillendbg1.jpg

The Goal difference is a bit off as it was more a case of win, lose or draw.

However Man U would still win on goal difference in real life.

Ouch finishing below Villa and Tottenham and boro, thats almost more than I can cope with.

There's 2 or 3 games there that we are quite capable of winning, and we could grind out a draw in the others.

However Nerwcastle being Newcastle we could lose every single one, but I just don't see it happening.

But yes even before yesterdays win, to be relegated not only do we have to do amazingly badly, but also many of the teams below have to do amazingly well, which is why it was never likely to happen IMO (especially as some of those really in the relegation scrap have some tough fixtures too).

There's a draw vs Arsenal, and there's still a few winable games for us to play.