Things you miss when not in the Toon

Holden McGroin

Aye stotties tbf. And the ubiquitous 'hOway!'

Not to mention the Pitcher and Piano. The one in Gateshead.

Uncalled for tbpqfh! I was in my Guinness death throws and could have been anywhere!

pleasant people, stotties, wandering around the city centre, the Quayside.

the swanky bars.

obviously the match and match day atmosphere... it's noticable when you live in a city where the stadia are outside the city limits. There isn't the throng and buzz that comes with it.

Used to be Greggs, but thankfully their successful attempts at world domination have sorted that.

there's a Greggs on Streatham High street :D

... but it doesn't sell stotties, corned beef pasties or proper tasting sauage rolls :panic::

Used to be Greggs, but thankfully their successful attempts at world domination have sorted that.

... but it doesn't sell stotties, corned beef pasties or proper tasting sauage rolls :panic::

I've spotted ones about five minutes from Upton Park and in Birmingham. Can confirm the cornish pasties taste the same there as they do in the bakery giants' heartland.

I've spotted ones about five minutes from Upton Park and in Birmingham. Can confirm the cornish pasties taste the same there as they do in the bakery giants' heartland.

cornish?

CORNISH?

don't want any of that country bumpkin shite in my chiseled form thankyouverymuch!

Corned beef or nowt. :(

My family

Stotties

Fenwicks window at Christmas

Being in town on a matchday

There is no greater feeling of belonging than coming back into the city over one of the bridges.

I'm gonna twist this thread a little because I've been in Melbourne the last two weeks after having been gone for 18 months. I didn't even realise I missed the place until I got here and was able to hang out with friends whenever I wanted to, and was able to stay home with the family. I've really started to enjoy life in England, I've got some fantastic friends, a great job that I just found out that I still have and the nicest flat I've ever lived in with a flatmate that I am actually mates with. I fly back to England on Friday but I know leaving Melbourne is going to be hard because this is and will forever be home. I have been able to slot back into life here so easily and with so little effort, and I think any exile no matter where they've come from would say the same thing about going back to their home.

I've really enjoyed the time I've spent in Newcastle when I've travelled up. I love coming up for matches and going to the piss ups and all of that but Melbourne shits all over it. Not because Newcastle is a shit place, and I'm not saying any of you are wrong for loving the place. I look at Melbourne in the same way you look at Newcastle, I have those same feelings for this place as you do yours. Because it's home.

I'd be interested if any exiles regardless of where they are from or where they are now agree with what I'm saying.

My family

Stotties

Fenwicks window at Christmas

Being in town on a matchday

There is no greater feeling of belonging than coming back into the city over one of the bridges.

Though if you're stuck on the wrong side of the train, your first impression tends to be more one of "Bugger me, I'd forgotten how ugly the arena is."

I miss genuinely relaxed pubs with good craic (much as I hate that word) (other than [cue comedy arse references]), the fact that the city centre's so compact you can bomb around the place with ease, summer sunshine that isn't inextricably coupled with smog and breathing difficulties... I can't really think of many tangible things really, yet I imagine I'd be straight back up to the region if there wasn't anything holding me here. Oh well. That's my mood fucked for the rest of the day. :D

I have to take stotties down when I go to Twickenham/ Manchester/basingstoke when I visit family/friends :D Mind you their southern better halves do not like pease pudding at all !

I'm gonna twist this thread a little because I've been in Melbourne the last two weeks after having been gone for 18 months. I didn't even realise I missed the place until I got here and was able to hang out with friends whenever I wanted to, and was able to stay home with the family. I've really started to enjoy life in England, I've got some fantastic friends, a great job that I just found out that I still have and the nicest flat I've ever lived in with a flatmate that I am actually mates with. I fly back to England on Friday but I know leaving Melbourne is going to be hard because this is and will forever be home. I have been able to slot back into life here so easily and with so little effort, and I think any exile no matter where they've come from would say the same thing about going back to their home.

I've really enjoyed the time I've spent in Newcastle when I've travelled up. I love coming up for matches and going to the piss ups and all of that but Melbourne shits all over it. Not because Newcastle is a shit place, and I'm not saying any of you are wrong for loving the place. I look at Melbourne in the same way you look at Newcastle, I have those same feelings for this place as you do yours. Because it's home.

I'd be interested if any exiles regardless of where they are from or where they are now agree with what I'm saying.

I've lived in both cities, both are great for different reasons. Melbourne deffo better in many ways (weather for a kick off), but Newcastle has a unique feeling if you're native, whether any other city has the same feeling for natives I'll never know. Whenever I'm back in Melbourne it feels like home, but not in the way the toon does.

Anyway, I live in London now so I'm clearly a twat. :D