4-4-2 or 4-3-3?

Guest Sima

With our reported interest in Solano it looks like Souness is going back to an orthodox 4-4-2 which if I am being truthful is the only formation that Owen can fit into.

So if this is true, we do need another striker for next season I just hope that we don't stick Shola alongside Owen even though they will be the England front two in the summer.

4-4-2 is the way forward IMO.

Thoughts?

Optimism is now conceding that Souness can tactically sort us out.

Well he's not clever enough - fact!

Has the blonde kid on SSN just pissed off with the signed Owen shirt?

24152[/snapback]

Which is why he'll stick with the 4-3-3 which doesn't fit.

4-3-1-2

24142[/snapback]

How would the prospective signing of Solano fit into that?

24149[/snapback]

He couldn't.

More likely is that Souness is getting tactical advice from Sven and it will be a diamond midfield.

4-3-1-2

24142[/snapback]

24149[/snapback]

?

Edited by Sima

4-3-1-2

24142[/snapback]

24149[/snapback]

?

24292[/snapback]

???

Edited by alex

If our team has Bowyer and Shearer in it it won't matter what formation, we won't do very well.

The only thing Bowyer does better than Jenas is get booked and it seems the only thing Shearer is good for is flick on's against piss poor defenders.

And Solano ain't gonna offer much protection to his fullback in a 442, he hasn't got the stamina now. When's he off to Peru next anyway?

If our team has Bowyer and Shearer in it it won't matter what formation, we won't do very well.

The only thing Bowyer does better than Jenas is get booked and it seems the only thing Shearer is good for is flick on's against piss poor defenders.

And Solano ain't gonna offer much protection to his fullback in a 442, he hasn't got the stamina now. When's he off to Peru next anyway?

24462[/snapback]

Bowyer has been much better than Jenas when he's played over the last season or so in my opinion.

24462[/snapback]

Bowyer has been much better than Jenas when he's played over the last season or so in my opinion.

24463[/snapback]

He doesn't create and he rarely scores, he can't dribble and he hasn't got the vision for a killer pass. How does the absense of these qualities make him a good attacking midfielder?

He runs around alot at full pace and that gets the crowd going because they substitute the idea of effort for quality football.

Regardless of what Jenas did or didn't do, Bowyer doesn't do them either. He has a total lack of flair. He's perfect for Sunderland IMO.

All I said was he had been better than Jenas.

24477[/snapback]

Neither of them do/did anything for the club IMO. I hope we target a good right footed attacking midfielder in January. I think Joe Cole would be a good buy and i'm sure he'd like to play more than 1 game in 4.

24477[/snapback]

Neither of them do/did anything for the club IMO. I hope we target a good right footed attacking midfielder in January. I think Joe Cole would be a good buy and i'm sure he'd like to play more than 1 game in 4.

24482[/snapback]

We could argue about their various merits but Bowyer gives 100% in a black and white shirt (I know there is more to being a good player than that by the way) whereas Jenas frequently seemed to hide in matches.

24477[/snapback]

24482[/snapback]

We could argue about their various merits but Bowyer gives 100% in a black and white shirt (I know there is more to being a good player than that by the way) whereas Jenas frequently seemed to hide in matches.

24503[/snapback]

The argument is moot, basically because one has gone and neither one is good enough for where we want to be.