The transfer deadline day thread

Guest Sima

Everton sign someone :rolleyes:

Van der Meyde from Inter Milan.

25168[/snapback]

As shocking as it may sound to hear Everton sign someone, and someone decent for that matter, I think I am still right in thinking they should have been looking for strikers all along, to bolster their attack that's clearly smaller than ours now.

David Bentley on loan to Blackburn for the rest of the season.

25274[/snapback]

We should be doing deals like that, to fill the squad at least and Bentley has looked quite good when I have seen him!

David Bentley on loan to Blackburn for the rest of the season.

25274[/snapback]

We should be doing deals like that, to fill the squad at least and Bentley has looked quite good when I have seen him!

25285[/snapback]

I agree mate. Can't really see him being a regular at Blackburn.

Livorno, were a good midtable team in their first serie A year last season.

and indeed, Lucarelli became topscorer of the league.

PSV have signed English defender Micheal Ball from Glasgow Rangers, is he any good?

Livorno, were a good midtable team in their first serie A year last season.

and indeed, Lucarelli became topscorer of the league.

PSV have signed English defender Micheal Ball from Glasgow Rangers, is he any good?

25721[/snapback]

We were linked with him and I think most of us were praying it wouldn't happen. He was a very promising youngster at Everton, went to Rangers for about 6 million and has basically been plagued with injury ever since.

25721[/snapback]

He is good at drinking...

25723[/snapback]

That's just demonstrated what's happened at PSV. After winning their leauge and getting to the semi-finals of the Champion's League and getting narrowly beaten by Milan, they've now sold off almost all of their superstars that helped contribute to their excellent season. And now, they've moved for average-at-best players like Michael Ball, who will be replacing Lee Young-Pyo. What is rather odd though is that some of these players are going to smaller and weaker clubs like Villa and Spurs.

That players want to go to Villa and Spurs is not that strange. Bouma and Lee have been at the club for years now and won everything they can with PSV. The semi final was much more than everybody would expected and likely a once in 5 years achievement.

Players know that and want a new challenge. and of course. they don't go all to Chelsea, Milan etc. Then, they choose a good club from one of the big leagues.

That's just demonstrated what's happened at PSV. After winning their leauge and getting to the semi-finals of the Champion's League and getting narrowly beaten by Milan, they've now sold off almost all of their superstars that helped contribute to their excellent season. And now, they've moved for average-at-best players like Michael Ball, who will be replacing Lee Young-Pyo. What is rather odd though is that some of these players are going to smaller and weaker clubs like Villa and Spurs.

25844[/snapback]

Don't forget Reizeger.

It just seems strange to me their best players are all leaving, right after that excellent season, and instead they are struggling to attract really good replacements.

26155[/snapback]

I think that is the fate of the Dutch league. They are a feeder league for the rest of Europe. IIRC Philipps cut down their financial support for PSV so they also have to acquire money. Big players normally only move out of the Dutch league, not into...

It just seems strange to me their best players are all leaving, right after that excellent season, and instead they are struggling to attract really good replacements.

26155[/snapback]

I think that is the fate of the Dutch league. They are a feeder league for the rest of Europe. IIRC Philipps cut down their financial support for PSV so they also have to acquire money. Big players normally only move out of the Dutch league, not into...

26159[/snapback]

Yeah makes sense now, the smaller leagues seem like it. The French league clearly isn't as good as some of the other leagues, which may be odd looking at the sieze of the country, and many of the key players there have been moving (Drogba, Essien etc.) to better leagues, with quite a few of the French national side elseewhere.

Micheal Ball was on a free, and only signed a 1year deal with an option for another year, allthough he is only 25y.

So think PSV see this as a short term solution. But have to say, they again have got some promising players of the NL league who can develop in very good players and enough experience to have another good season.