Season Tickets renewal

Scottish Mag

Nearly time for these to be coming through our letterboxes.

I have heard many people over the last few weeks saying that they know people who are for the first time in years not renewing their ticket.

Is everyone on here renewing again or are some of you having second toughts about it?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly time for these to be coming through our letterboxes.

I have heard many people over the last few weeks saying that they know people who are for the first time in years not renewing their ticket.

Is everyone on here renewing again or are some of you having second toughts about it?

i will be renewing - y thou i am unsure lol

I can't afford to pay outright, so it's gonna have to go on a credit card. To be honest, we should ALL just buy on a match to match basis, hit the fat wanker where it hurts and send a clear message that enough is enough with his incompetence - the only problem is I know I'd probably miss half the games if we carried on in the same vain as this season.

Having passed my ticket onto Peter this year I have been itching all season for the renewal forms to come through so I could get my ticket back again. Whilst I most probably will renew as soon as it comes through the Man City game was the first time I had considered was it actually worth it.

Sadly I will also renew. My head (and wife) think Im mad for showing the club support in this way but thats just it. We're not supporting the chairman/manager or whatever but the club whether they are there or not. Its a pretty sad statement and one the club know only too well. Am I a mug? Yes. In no other way would I buy crap year after year and put up with it.

But, I do know someone who is giving up a box and also a couple of people who are not renewing. So many people saying enough is enough.

With the stadium at it's present size, the club being in the position it's been in since the brief Robson renaisance and the fact that season ticket sales have dropped throughout the country, is there actually a case to re-new? That's not to say don't attend (and hence it's not a case of showing less support)-just more a show that you're not prepared to tolerate whats going on anymore.

If you don't renew this time round then it's unlikely someone will come in to take your seat isn't it?

It sounds awful but I actually hope attendances drop next term.

I have absolutely no optimism about next season either unless we get rid of Roeder. I wish I could make a stand and hit Shepherd in the pocket but I'll still renew because even though I don't enjoy matches anymore I hate missing them.

A couple of people at work have said they aren't renewing though - one has four tickets at the moment for him, his wife and 2 kids but apparently the kids virtually refuse to go as it is so boring so he is just going to go himself to certain matches.

Thats the thing, if people do not renew I imagine its almost to protest at the shambles the club is in. Whilst I know I will renew part of me doesn't but not because we are not top 4 etc (though we know opposing teams and the media will think it is) but almost as a protest that a club with the money we are ploughing into it is a fucking shambles from top to bottom.

From the chairman who pays himself a hefty salary yet continues to make bad decisions (If he was the chairman of any other "Business" he would long be out on his arse) to the Chuckle Brothers who are left to do the coaching, thats if they time in between picking what horse to back at 3.15, players who are being paid an obscene amount of money which alot of comes out of our pockets yet they do not give two fucks about the club and I don't even know what to say about our fuckwit of a a manager.

Biggest problem is for alot of us is that we are loyal and common sense tells us that by not renewing we are only going to make the club that we want to do so well suffer even more with less money coming through the gates so once again most of use will renew without thinking twice about it.

Fucking depressing times... :lol:

I'll be renewing. Although I know of at least two 20 years plus season ticket holders who've had enough and won't be. However, I'm not just blaming the club for that, they're saying that's a big part of it but also the fact that there's plenty of pubs showing every Newcastle game live through dodgy satelite means they don't have. Looks like those who said football on tele would stop people from going were right.

can't afford it since NUFC is too greedy to over an more easy payment system

our match day ticket prices are canny high as well (£33 for milburn level 7) so the idea of buying match to match bites the dust for me

Thats the thing, if people do not renew I imagine its almost to protest at the shambles the club is in. Whilst I know I will renew part of me doesn't but not because we are not top 4 etc (though we know opposing teams and the media will think it is) but almost as a protest that a club with the money we are ploughing into it is a fucking shambles from top to bottom.

From the chairman who pays himself a hefty salary yet continues to make bad decisions (If he was the chairman of any other "Business" he would long be out on his arse) to the Chuckle Brothers who are left to do the coaching, thats if they time in between picking what horse to back at 3.15, players who are being paid an obscene amount of money which alot of comes out of our pockets yet they do not give two fucks about the club and I don't even know what to say about our fuckwit of a a manager.

Biggest problem is for alot of us is that we are loyal and common sense tells us that by not renewing we are only going to make the club that we want to do so well suffer even more with less money coming through the gates so once again most of use will renew without thinking twice about it.

Fucking depressing times... :lol:

We havent been genuine top four material for a few years now and when we've finished close to it it's usually been the result of a late season surge on the back of a managerial sacking following what was in essence another abortion of a season.

Your second paragraph sums things up for me. All of those things absolutely demand some form of protest and for me season tickets are the proportionate way of doing this. If theres anything less likely to foster an improvement in standards at SJP it's 40-odd thousand season ticket applications landing on the fat mans lap as soon as the season finishes. I don't criticise it in any way shape or form, it's just I think it almost serves to endorse (in his eyes) the way he's managing the club and condemns us to more of the same.

Thoroughly depressing like as you quite rightly say.

The more I think about it, the more I think I might sack my ticket off and just buy on a match by match basis. Probably change my mind when the renewal form arrives, but we'll see. Sammy's right though, nowt implicitly condones Shepherd's chairmanship more than season tickets being renewed, and whilst I don't blame anyone for renewing (I might well end up doing it myself), the thought of that prick sitting thinking that he can just carry on in the same vein with the fans endorsement is not a pleasant one.

Thing is, with the increased Sky money, I doubt Shepherd will be that bothered. I applaud people who aren't renewing btw, I only renewing on the proviso I get a better seat, the more people who pack it in, the better seat I will get. Gemmill, you're mad if you renew where you sit.

I'll most likely be renewing.

I hate the thought of plowing another £600 from credit card into the club but I'm quite attached to my seat now and I couldn't bear it if we were actually half decent next season and I wasn't there after sitting through a few years of shite (not likely, admittedly).

Plus there's never anything to do on a weekend anyway. [/random rationalising]

My seat's good, titheed. Halfway line, Level 7, perfect view of the match. :lol: It's not worth £600 when you can see the same shite for £400 though, that's for certain.

That's what I was referring to, the price, you nobber. I'm hoping to move to the East Stand which is cheaper and has a much better view.

Mind, something amusing did happen at the weekend at least - my sister's boyfriend text me to offer me a £200 that Sunderland will WIN the Premiership in the next 10 years. :lol: He also says they have £65m to spend in the summer.

We might be a bit of a laughing stock, but give them a decent run of results in the Championship and they're already talking about winning the Premiership.

I'm having a struggle deciding what to do.

Do I apply for a seat closer to the action or stay where I am? I get the impression the top of the Leazes is one of the few places you get a bit of singing no matter how shit it is on the pitch. If it wasn't for the 'banter' this season, it would've been unbearable.

Mind, something amusing did happen at the weekend at least - my sister's boyfriend text me to offer me a £200 that Sunderland will WIN the Premiership in the next 10 years. :lol: He also says they have £65m to spend in the summer.

We might be a bit of a laughing stock, but give them a decent run of results in the Championship and they're already talking about winning the Premiership.

I hope you took him up on it?