Season Tickets renewal

Scottish Mag

Mind, something amusing did happen at the weekend at least - my sister's boyfriend text me to offer me a £200 that Sunderland will WIN the Premiership in the next 10 years. :lol: He also says they have £65m to spend in the summer.

We might be a bit of a laughing stock, but give them a decent run of results in the Championship and they're already talking about winning the Premiership.

I hope you took him up on it?

Fucking right I did! Only after I'd confirmed that he wasn't on crack.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind, something amusing did happen at the weekend at least - my sister's boyfriend text me to offer me a £200 that Sunderland will WIN the Premiership in the next 10 years. :lol: He also says they have £65m to spend in the summer.

We might be a bit of a laughing stock, but give them a decent run of results in the Championship and they're already talking about winning the Premiership.

What odds?

I work on a weekend so its impossible for me to go to the games. If I could go I probably would renew as i'm a daft twat. I'm massively pissed off at the state of Newcastle but i'm also pissed off at the state of football in general.

Only your sisters. Boom boom!

Only your sisters. Boom boom!

:)

:)

Straight £200 Renticus. I've got £200 on that we finish above them next season too, although I'm less and less confident about that one. :P

You stupid shit.

:lol:

My thoughts exactly.

£65million :)

Must've sold alot of pegs and tarmaced alot of drives to get that amount.

£65million :)

Must've sold alot of pegs and tarmaced alot of drives to get that amount.

Well, they probably decide to buy their own airline as it's going to be cheaper than Quinn's weekly rescue service...

200 quid's not going to be a lot of money in 10 years like.

They should each place 200 quid into a savings account/ISA now and the winner should take the lot in ten years.

As an accountant, you'd think Gemmill would know this.

Either that or they can call it quits now since Sunderland will finish above us next year but not win the league, ever.

Pwning the Championship means fuck all when you get up in the Premiership tbh. I can still see them having a long hard struggle of a season.

Want to bet on it?

Already have titmunch!

Pwning the Championship means fuck all when you get up in the Premiership tbh. I can still see them having a long hard struggle of a season.

possibly but i imagine they'll attract a far better calibre of player under keane than they did last time they were up.

Aye we'll see. Wages are gonna be an issue, as is attracting players to a newly promoted team. We've definitely got good enough players to be finishing above them though - it's the fuckwit we've got in charge that is the concern.

Aye we'll see. Wages are gonna be an issue, as is attracting players to a newly promoted team. We've definitely got good enough players to be finishing above them though - it's the fuckwit we've got in charge that is the concern.

Do we though? At times I wonder if half of those on the pitch are poor as a result from poor coaching or if they are just shite full stop.

Do we though? At times I wonder if half of those on the pitch are poor as a result from poor coaching or if they are just shite full stop.

That's as may be, but how many of the Sunderland squad would you swap them for? Sunderland at the minute are all about momentum and confidence. Playing against higher quality opposition every week, and starting the campaign with a few defeats and it'll be a different story.

That's as may be, but how many of the Sunderland squad would you swap them for? Sunderland at the minute are all about momentum and confidence. Playing against higher quality opposition every week, and starting the campaign with a few defeats and it'll be a different story.

But much like Keegan did when he brought us up, the pulling power of Roy Keane may bring some decent players to the SOL. Roeder has to rely on something you hate and thats overinflated wages.. :lol:

Edited by Scottish Mag

But much like Keegan did when he brought us up, the pulling power of Roy Keane may bring some decent players to the SOL. Roeder has to rely on something you hate and thats overinflated wages.. :lol:

Nah, they will need to rely on wages as much as we do if they're going to get people in. It's nowt to do with Roeder/Keane's pulling power, and everything to do with getting players to come to this region. We'll see anyway, I don't see Sunderland making too many summer transfer coups though.