FA announces FA Cup final prices

themags

The Football Association believes it has set prices at a "sensible" level for the FA Cup final between Manchester United and Chelsea on 19 May.

The event returns to Wembley after the stadium was rebuilt and tickets will be £35, £60, £80 and £95, with a limited number at £17.50 for under-16s.

"It was important to set ticket prices at a sensible and affordable level," said FA chief executive Brain Barwick.

"We believe these are very competitive for what will be a historic match."

Manchester United beat Watford 4-1 to reach the final, while Chelsea booked their Wembley place with a 2-1 extra-time win over Blackburn.

Chelsea were the last winners of the FA Cup when the final was played at the old Wembley.

They beat Aston Villa 1-0 in 2000.

Both clubs will decide on their allocations after meetings this week and tickets will then be sold via Chelsea and Manchester United ticket offices only, with no general sale.

Edited by themags

I'd love to have seen them not fill Wembley at those prices, however it will inevitably still sell out without a problem.

Shame Blackburn or Watford didn't get through really. Blackburn v Watford, the place would have been dead.

"It was important to set ticket prices at a sensible and affordable level," said FA chief executive Brain Barwick.

Who are they competing against? :lol:

The prices seem ridiculously high to me but I'm fairly certain I'd pay them in an instant, given the opportunity.

Who are they competing against? :ok:

The prices seem ridiculously high to me but I'm fairly certain I'd pay them in an instant, given the opportunity.

Their own monopoly..... fortunately for them its pretty easy to be "competitive" in that situation, frankly if it wasn't they'd be fucked. :jesuswept:

I suggest all Newcastle United fans boycott this years final in protest.

And the next 50. :ok:

that's the PL man .. we've been to Wembley a few times in the last 50 years.................. :jesuswept::jesuswept::jesuswept::jesuswept:

I suggest all Newcastle United fans boycott this years final in protest.

And the next 50. :ok:

that's the PL man .. we've been to Wembley a few times in the last 50 years.................. :jesuswept::jesuswept::jesuswept::jesuswept:

Aye but usually we turn up with a team of dopplegangers that have never played football in their lives and get a hiding. :jesuswept: