Great golf embarrassment

Smooth Operator

Played for the first time since last summer yesterday.

We were teeing off just after the last 2 from the club competition started so the tee box at the first was packed.

Up I stepped with my big fancy driver and hammered my drive hard and low into the tree on the left of the tee box about 20 feet away. The ball came straight back at me and I had to jump out the way. It managed to hit a bloke sitting on the bench behind the tee box and find it's way into a construction area for a new crazy-golf course they are putting up!

Cue 30 blokes pissing themselves laughing and 1 daft twat telling me my ball was still in play and I had to hit it from where it was!!!

:lol::):P

They've got a golf society running at my lercal but I just can't play (or afford to play). Although it seems like they have some quality piss ups. My old man tried to get me to play, not so he could play someone, but because he reckoned it could help me get promotions when I started working. Play the boss and let him beat you and all that.

They've got a golf society running at my lercal but I just can't play (or afford to play). Although it seems like they have some quality piss ups. My old man tried to get me to play, not so he could play someone, but because he reckoned it could help me get promotions when I started working. Play the boss and let him beat you and all that.

You could still do that tbf. Only you wouldn't strictly speaking be letting him beat you.

You could still do that tbf. Only you wouldn't strictly speaking be letting him beat you.

Aye, but the point is to look like you can play and to get beat, not stuffed! :ok:

eyyyy :ok:

Once hit a post (metal) on a fence when driving off, straight back n through the club house window :jesuswept:

I have loads of them, when I used to play me n me mates were crap, loved golf but could not play.

Got hoyed out at parklands, some fucka died on our trip to appleby.

Sliding doon road somewhere just to watch the sparks come off the bottom of our shoes.

somebodies clubs went over the edge at seahouses.

When I lived down St Annes there used to be a decent sized pitch & putt on the front where i used to spend my summer evenings. Got a bit tasty after a while and one day I tried to play from hole 7 to 9, big mistake. Nearly killed a fucking toddler in the nearby park. He was on the swing at the time and I hit the frame of the swing at about his head height.

Had to dive in the bunker and hide for five until the fatha calmed down, nearly shit myself.

Its actually golf i think you'll find.

I remember reading why a long time ago but cant remember now, i'll have a look and see if I can find out the real reason.

same happened to me at hexham course years ago, smashed my drive into the tree which came back at me and landed in the stream beside me , gutted!

I remember reading why a long time ago but cant remember now, i'll have a look and see if I can find out the real reason.

From It's not shit, it's not fuck, it's golf

Etymology

The word golf was first mentioned in writing in 1457 on a Scottish statute on forbidden games as gouf, possibly derived from the Scottish word goulf (variously spelled) meaning "to strike or cuff". This word may, in turn, be related to the Dutch word kolf, meaning "bat," or "club," and the Dutch sport of the same name. But there is an even earlier reference to the game of golf and it is believed to have happened in 1452 when King James II of Scotland banned the game because it kept his subjects from their archery practice. Golf Timeline.

From It's not shit, it's not fuck, it's golf

Etymology

The word golf was first mentioned in writing in 1457 on a Scottish statute on forbidden games as gouf, possibly derived from the Scottish word goulf (variously spelled) meaning "to strike or cuff". This word may, in turn, be related to the Dutch word kolf, meaning "bat," or "club," and the Dutch sport of the same name. But there is an even earlier reference to the game of golf and it is believed to have happened in 1452 when King James II of Scotland banned the game because it kept his subjects from their archery practice. Golf Timeline.

yeah think thats the one, hopefully by the time I have replied you won't have pulled out the venn diagrams and timelines on me :ok: