And after us slagging Clark off today..

Scottish Mag

LEE Clark admits that it has always been an ambition to manage in the top flight after being presented with his UEFA 'A' coaching license.

The former Toon favourite is now just one level away from having all the necessary qualifications to manage at the highest level, and is set to complete his UEFA Pro license this summer.

The Newcastle United Reserve team coach told nufc.co.uk: "It was a proud moment to be presented with the UEFA 'A' badge at St.James' Park.

"I started coaching in 2000 and it has been a long process, but it's something I enjoy and the aim is to complete my Pro License in the summer.

"After that I'd definitely love to manage in the Premier League and that is the aim."

Even during his playing days at United, Clark spent his Sunday mornings coaching local boys club side Walker Central.

Then only in his early 20s, the midfield star says it was always a dream to one day go into coaching.

He added: "Even as a young player as I was always thinking about how and why we did certain sessions in training.

"I would go home and make notes, and I loved being involved with the local lads at the boys club."

By an ironic twist of fate, the manager who signed Clark as a 14-year-old, Willie MacFaul, was on the assessors panel when he took his coaching badge through the Irish FA.

"It was strange Willie being involved but it was great to see him.

"My former team-mate Tommy Wright was also there doing his badge, as was Chris Coleman.

"I'd like to thank the Irish FA as well for all their help and support."

Clark took over the role as Reserve team coach earlier this season, a position from which he has helped the likes of Andy Carroll and Paul Huntington prepare for first-team football.

Clark said: "It's been a great experience with the Reserves. It's hugely satisfying, especially as the lads have been so young this year.

"Hopefully we can help them develop and the experience of playing at that level at a young age will stand them in good stead in the future."

Caretaker manager once Roeder has been pushed?

Only after Freddy has completely 'scoured the face of Wallsend' before succumbing to overwhelming pressure from the fans.

Nowt wrong with Clark. No one can knock his ability yet, not at all, too early.

Maybe he shouldn't be at a premiership club yet, but why would he turn it down? To coach at Newcastle would be a dream job.

Don't understand why people slag him off, fair enough Terry Mac, as we know he's a glorified wankpot, but to slag off a rookie coach, no sense.

He added: "Even as a young player as I was always thinking about how and why we did certain sessions in training.

"I would go home and make notes

The lying twat! :ok: There is absolutely nothing going on behind the bloke's eyes. It's like Homer Simpson when there's a donut inside his head, Clark has got a Gregg's Sausage Roll in there.

Maybe he shouldn't be at a premiership club yet, but why would he turn it down? To coach at Newcastle would be a dream job.

Don't understand why people slag him off, fair enough Terry Mac, as we know he's a glorified wankpot, but to slag off a rookie coach, no sense.

You reckon he's got what it takes? :ok:

Because we all know why he's got the job, and it's fuck all to do with his coaching ability. Have you seen the team keep churning out shit performances? That's cos we've got shit coaches like Lee Clark.

How do you know he hasn't?

:jesuswept:

Hold on, are you being serious? :jesuswept:

Like I say, do we look like a team that's well coached?

Is that the extent of your argument like? :jesuswept: He's thick as pig's shit for a kick-off.

Jesus christ. I didnt say he deserved to be at this club, he got given the job. He's 35 for fucks sake, give him a chance. Maybe not at Newcastle, but fuck me, why write someone off so early?

Why the fuck was he doing it through the Irish FA? :ok:

On a brighter note, I'm glad to see Willie McFaul is still around in football. Aye, he fucked up here, but he always seemed like a canny enough bloke, just a bit out of his depth. Hmmm...reminds me of someone...

Jesus christ. I didnt say he deserved to be at this club, he got given the job. He's 35 for fucks sake, give him a chance. Maybe not at Newcastle, but fuck me, why write someone off so early?

The reason he's getting slagged isn't his fault really. There's no way he should be anywhere near coaching the reserves at a club like this though, that's the problem. I don't see too many people defending shit players on the same basis though.

Can you imagine what the likes of Emre, Butt and Martins (in particular) think about how theyre coached at this club?

Aye, like I said, he's not what we need here, but theres no need to slag the bloke off for doing his job.

I have no clue how good he is, but I know I couldnt judge him on a years work.

Rocker, ask yourself when was the last time you heard a decent coach that couldn't speak intelligently when interviewed? Good coaches are good communicators, and not only that, they are good thinkers - they analyse things, and can get their point across to different types of players of all nationalities. Lee Clark has a sausage roll for a brain and can barely string a sentence together. I think it's fair to assume that he's not going to make it as a top coach.

Why the fuck was he doing it through the Irish FA? :ok:

Isn't Shearer doing his badges through the SFA? There must be some reason for it.

Scottish coaches are better than English ones.

I actually do agree with Rocker. I've seen quite a few half wits making decent coaches/managers, so I'd spare my judgement on Clark's ability. What is right is, that he shouldn't be in a major job at a major club yet. As I said, you have to look at the likes of Adams who started at lower level and even worked abroad, to see what would be the right way. There is nothing wrong in having Clark in the coaching set up, but making him reserve team manager is ridiculous. Maybe giving him responsibility of a youth team first would have been a better idea.