Tooled up Yank goes on a killing spree at a University

Ketsbaia

Dubya is "horrified" at the shootings.

You'd have thought after murdering so many civilians in the middle east 32 would be fuck all to him.

Good job him and his party are so anti guns and in favour of gun control or he might look like a hypocritical prick!

Guns don't kill people.. People do. :jesuswept:

Guns don't kill people.. Americans do. :jesuswept:

It's barmy that they don't see the link between easy availability of guns and gun crime. :ok:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is, I can fully understand the "if you ban widespread gun ownership, there'll still be illegal guns and we'll have no way of protecting ourselves" argument. If the whole thing had been nipped in the bud at an earlier stage then maybe it'd be different, but gun ownership seems to be enshrined in the mentality to such an extent that finding a way of keeping the status quo under some semblance of control is always going to be far more resource-efficient than trying to change it radically. Events like yesterday are just the price you pay...

Thing is, I can fully understand the "if you ban widespread gun ownership, there'll still be illegal guns and we'll have no way of protecting ourselves" argument. If the whole thing had been nipped in the bud at an earlier stage then maybe it'd be different, but gun ownership seems to be enshrined in the mentality to such an extent that finding a way of keeping the status quo under some semblance of control is always going to be far more resource-efficient than trying to change it radically. Events like yesterday are just the price you pay...

Aye but it's probably getting worse not better, any measure would help long term if not short term, but it'll never happen in the foreseeable future (if kid and young people getting massacred didn't change public opinion not much will I think).

It's like in the UK, most of out increasing gun problem comes from in behavior aping other gang cultures and in some case importing it, but the actual access to gun now largely comes from two sources; smuggled illegal weapons (which can be dealt with with better detection) and black market gun factories that either recondition replicas or in some cases fashion new ones out of other things and weapons (which largely could be and I think to some degree recently has been dealt with through legislation).

I dunno that it's possible to do much about US behavior (or UK for that matter), but they could reduce gun crime by reducing availability..... although frankly in a few years the whole USA will be too fat to breed so in the end it may not matter.

I like how they think that if they have a gun to protect themselves it will solve all the problems. To solve the problem is simple in theory, have a gun buy back scheme and take back all the guns sold and simply dont sell them unless they have a strict right to them eg sports clubs/hunters.

Guns dont solve anything, im still amazed at how easy it would be to obtain a gun in America. I cant believe the states have a rating from A through to F on how easy it is to obtain guns. Virginia is at a C- for what it is worth. If you are over 18 and pass a few simple checks (dont have a record) you can get a gun a month for all they care. AK-47, here you go Johnny... you take care now.

The 'loner' behind campus killing

Cho Seung-hui, the man police say carried out America's deadliest massacre, kept himself to himself.

"He was a loner," said Larry Hincker of Virginia Tech university, adding that officials were having "difficulty" obtaining information about him.

Woohoo! That didn't take long.

Well, all you lot who claimed it was a " yank " can now jump on the " gooks ".

is this a wind up?

is it possible.. that this guy .. is an American with an Oriental name?

just like someone called Harpal Singh can be English.

fucking numpty :ok:

is this a wind up?

Aye, except he was South Korean.

is this a wind up?

He was south korean .

You're quite blatantly a closet bummer. You're almost in Narnia you're so far fucking back in it. Go away and play with the gays my friend because we don't want your type around here.

Bumboy.

Alreet Meenzer

Edited by Skol

You're quite blatantly a closet bummer. You're almost in Narnia you're so far fucking back in it. Go away and play with the gays my friend because we don't want your type around here.

Bumboy.

Alreet Meenzer

Skol m'dear, I've always admired your huge....ly perceptive Gaydar. :ok:

Bumboy.

Alreet Meenzer

Skol m'dear, I've always admired your huge....ly perceptive Gaydar. :ok:

:jesuswept: Ooh Err

What do you say, fish? Try keeping up with the news ........You fucking numpty.

So what are you, skol. A selective racist? You can use derogatory terms for one group if it pleases you but not for others? Fuck off and grow up.

What do you say, fish? Try keeping up with the news ........You fucking numpty.

So what are you, skol. A selective racist? You can use derogatory terms for one group if it pleases you but not for others? Fuck off and grow up.

Aye, and proud!

is this a wind up?

:jesuswept: Not your finest hour Fish.

Been reading about it in the paper today.

Absolutely terrible. I'm still a little aghast about classes being resumed after the first round of shootings. Surely with a gunman on the loose you should lay low?

R.I.P. to those who lost their lives because of some pathetic idiot.

is this a wind up?

:jesuswept: Not your finest hour Fish.

I've had worse :jesuswept:

still.. "sniffer" remains a fucking numpty and I remain right on many many things :jesuswept: