Sailing

Toonraider

Do any of you sail? And/or own a boat/yacht? Any tips for newbies? Is mooring expensive up your way?

We're thinking of buying a small sail boat? Or is that called a yacht? :jesuswept::jesuswept: (as you can tell I dont know much about this) :ok: Basically we want sails and an outboard, been looking around and have been pleasantly surprised by how much we can pick a secondhand one up for, but its the mooring that costs a fortune down here!

Also as you lot are a very witty bunch I'd like your suggestions for a name for it. Something different (and I've already put forward Toonraider, Looneytoon or The Magpie with black and white sails, only to be told No Fucking way! :jesuswept::jesuswept:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you sail? And/or own a boat/yacht? Any tips for newbies? Is mooring expensive up your way?

We're thinking of buying a small sail boat? Or is that called a yacht? :jesuswept::jesuswept: (as you can tell I dont know much about this) :ok: Basically we want sails and an outboard, been looking around and have been pleasantly surprised by how much we can pick a secondhand one up for, but its the mooring that costs a fortune down here!

Also as you lot are a very witty bunch I'd like your suggestions for a name for it. Something different (and I've already put forward Toonraider, Looneytoon or The Magpie with black and white sails, only to be told No Fucking way! :jesuswept::jesuswept:

This makes you a fully fledged poop chute pirate. :jesuswept:

This makes you a fully fledged poop chute pirate. :jesuswept:

Thats it :jesuswept: You dont get invited onboard for drinkies when I sail up to Newcastle :jesuswept:

Edited by Toonraider

Are you going for dignity or funny with the name?

Either, whatever grabs our attention, just something different. Its hard to choose as we all have different interests, I'd want to give it something related to either Newcastle or Torquay united, but the others wouldnt want that.

Guest Patrokles

Are you going for dignity or funny with the name?

Either, whatever grabs our attention, just something different. Its hard to choose as we all have different interests, I'd want to give it something related to either Newcastle or Torquay united, but the others wouldnt want that.

Maybe some kind of in-joke based around that premise? It'll be a conversation starter at least.

I'd want to give it something related to either Newcastle or Torquay united, but the others wouldnt want that.

How about "Going Down, Down, Down, Down", the great thing about that name is that next season it'll apply to us as well. The only problem is some people may be slightly apprehensive about getting on a boat with that name.

Not sailing, but the In-Laws have a speed boat out on Loch Lomond, its great in the summer...

Bit long.

:ok:

Norfolk and Chance?

Midlife Crisis 1

My Husband went to Monaco and I got was this lousy boat?

I saw a really nice yacht called "Smooth Operator" last year in St Tropez, bit out of your league though I'd think! Seriously, what can you afford when you consider mooring etc as well, considering you use second hand tires? I reckon toonraider's heading for Davey Jone's locker in a rust bucket.

There's a boat moored at the Ouseburn called Toontanic.

We have a winner. Actually, if it's moored at the Ouseburn it probably is equivalent to toonraider's boat.

found it

sinking_boat_J.jpg

Edited by The Fish

Its bad luck to change the name of a boat, so if you're superstitious leave the name as is.

There was an ex-nufc player who had a famous boat but i think it was called 'Newcastle Brown' or something shit like that.

Had a little speed boat once, not too expensive and fun, but difficult to get around to using. :ok:

Be nice to have something like you're talking about though, but you're right that mooring can be very expensive and in some places just not available at all (dead mens shoes really).