Excel Help

wykikitoon

Hiya Guys

A littl Excel Question to get your brain working.

I want to put a list of names with a two values next to them. I want to then pick a few of these at once and have a total of the values bringing up.

Here is a sample of what I want.

Unit 'A' - Value 1 = 5 Value 2 = 10

Unit 'B' - Value 1 = 10 Value 2 = 5

Unit 'C' - Value 1 = 5 Value 2 = 0

Unit 'D' - Value 1 = 5 Value 2 = 0

Now I would like to pick Unit 'B' and 'D' and have their total values shown. Which Would be:

Value 1 = 15

Value 2 = 5

So whats the best and easiest way of doing this? Listing the whole units in cells and the values and then making some sort of drop down box to select units, which will auto insert the values? If so how do I get it to auto insert.

Cheers guys

Hehe thought it might get a few people out.

I want to see how much my carb and GI intake is in my diet and try and control them a bit more as I am training for a 100k Enduro.

So if I have want to try and have 150 - 200g of Carbs in one sitting then I want to know what I can have.

Example (Not real figures btw there on my works PC)

Porridge = Carbs = 50g GI - 50

Milk = Carbs 10g GI - 10

Wholemeal Bread = Carbs = 50g GI - 20

Chicken Fillet = Carbs 100g GI - 70

etc

etc

So if I had toast for breaky I and porridge for dinner I want to choose them and have excel quickly see what the totals are?

From what you are saying, seems you should make a list on one sheet of all te stuff you eat listing the name and values Eg

Bread Carb 20g GI 10 - Total Cals 80 (you might add protien etc or whatever you want to track)

Then when you have your list, use the lookup function on a different sheet. So you would add the name (eg bread) and it would look it up and enter the values next to it. You could have a sum at the bottom totally the values for your selections?

From what you are saying, seems you should make a list on one sheet of all te stuff you eat listing the name and values Eg

Bread Carb 20g GI 10 - Total Cals 80 (you might add protien etc or whatever you want to track)

Then when you have your list, use the lookup function on a different sheet. So you would add the name (eg bread) and it would look it up and enter the values next to it. You could have a sum at the bottom totally the values for your selections?

Aye JawD

I have a full list of foods with Protein, Carbs and GI info on, its a large list and I would like to keep a quick easy track and prepare for my diet on the evening for my lunch etc the following day.

Ill try the lookup, sounds like the easiest way for a non complicated thing?

Cheers Marra

Make a list of all the Foods and all the Values

Then a table with a list of all the food you want to eat A with a row/column say B for amounts in any one sitting and a row or column for total (totaled for the meal at the bottom) say C

then in the C column you need a function such as IF(A=range of Food, B*Value, 0)

the names for Food and A have to be identical of course