Been a bit quiet on here lately ...

Radgina

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Low Calorie Lager (high in alcohol though, if not taste).

I'm not a fan but I'm sure its won brewing awards.

It's piss tbqf.

it does me in the club tho...the draught lager is shite in there

LCL - Lose control Lager

The Club i go to is spot on, 2 pool tables, a cracking snooker table and a juke box, what more could you want?

The Holyhill is unbelievable. Was at a engagement there a while back, got myself a pint, wor lass and me mother spirits and my stepfatha a pint, change from a fiver i think or just over a fiver.

LCL - Lose control Lager

The Club i go to is spot on, 2 pool tables, a cracking snooker table and a juke box, what more could you want?

The Holyhill is unbelievable. Was at a engagement there a while back, got myself a pint, wor lass and me mother spirits and my stepfatha a pint, change from a fiver i think or just over a fiver.

;) great innit !!

Fuck all wrong with the clerb man.

Used to regularly spend my times in the Meldon at Heaton just offside Chilly Road during my time living in Heaton.

what about a drink in the club tho ??

that's the vodkas.

I don't need to get hammered to have a good night and to b honest 6 drinks fills the time nicely.

I drink nice Vodka though Kenneth, adding a mixer to it is naughty. Out of curiosity, what do you drink on a friday night?

LCL - Lose control Lager

Good to hear stuff like this, especially on a Friday when ones thoughts turn to ale.

At the other end of the spectrum, would anyone like to nominate anywhere that seriously takes the piss on prices? Mine would be this place:

http://www.the-metropolitan.co.uk/index.htm

£3 for a pint of bitter if you please. Please also note that the price quoted for Leffe is a half-pint! Not even a town centre bar either.

On the positive side however, the mark up is 100% fanny tax. In summer it's like the playboy mansion tbf.

Last time I was there (a good while ago, I fucking despise the Quayside - Crown Posada apart) the prices in Martha's were inversely proportional to how good a time you could have in there.

At the other end of the spectrum, would anyone like to nominate anywhere that seriously takes the piss on prices?

London generally. I can understand it in the city centre/tourist trap places, but quite why pubs think they can get away with those sorts of prices out here in the scummy reaches of the SE postal codes I don't know.

At the other end of the spectrum, would anyone like to nominate anywhere that seriously takes the piss on prices?

London generally. I can understand it in the city centre/tourist trap places, but quite why pubs think they can get away with those sorts of prices out here in the scummy reaches of the SE postal codes I don't know.

That's quite a range.

Agreed btw.

Last time I was there (a good while ago, I fucking despise the Quayside - Crown Posada apart) the prices in Martha's were inversely proportional to how good a time you could have in there.

Aye Martha's is a total piss take, usual like a graveyard as well. I've had about one good night when I've been in there and that was because the bar manager (whom my mate knew) was feeding us free beer and we were testing cocktails for them. Next time we were in, the bar manager had left (sacked) and the round cost about thirty notes. I nearly cried.

The Meldon, Heaton

Thats what I'm talking about Jonny boy. The LCL in there is fucking lethal, 7 pints and ya fucked, bit clicky mind or i don't know if it just seems this way with it being so small.

Edited by Wacky Jnr

I don't mind my local clerb. Doesn't get full of tossers, we have a dodgy local pub that takes care of that. Only wankers are some of the old blokes, suited and booted, but they tend to just get laughed at. There's a comedy old fella in our clerb who suddenly becomes Irish when he's pissed, it's like listening to Mancy.

I don't mind my local clerb. Doesn't get full of tossers, we have a dodgy local pub that takes care of that. Only wankers are some of the old blokes, suited and booted, but they tend to just get laughed at. There's a comedy old fella in our clerb who suddenly becomes Irish when he's pissed, it's like listening to Mancy.

Good man, so he is!

88p for a bottle of LCL in mine, £1.25 for a pint of snakey, 1.68 for a double Jack and mixer <_< how looking forward to tonight am I !!!!!!!!!!

LCL and snakey. You're a classy bird, I'll say that for you. ;)

88p for a bottle of LCL in mine, £1.25 for a pint of snakey, 1.68 for a double Jack and mixer <_< how looking forward to tonight am I !!!!!!!!!!

I don't drink snakey, I was adding the price of it foe effect <_< I do however do the LCL bit with the Mr Jack chasers .....what do you drink like, Bolly or ferkin Cosmopolitans ???

I don't drink snakey, I was adding the price of it foe effect <_< I do however do the LCL bit with the Mr Jack chasers .....what do you drink like, Bolly or ferkin Cosmopolitans ???

Mint Juleps. So shut it, Bumfight!

88p for a bottle of LCL in mine, £1.25 for a pint of snakey, 1.68 for a double Jack and mixer :shades: how looking forward to tonight am I !!!!!!!!!!

Mint Juleps. So shut it, Bumfight!

Panama hat man !!! <_<

The Meldon, Heaton

Thats what I'm talking about Jonny boy. The LCL in there is fucking lethal, 7 pints and ya fucked, bit clicky mind or i don't know if it just seems this way with it being so small.

I know what you mean mate with it being canny tiny but once you got to know everyone it was sound as fuck. Bar staff and everyone in there are top notch.