controversial one to get things going

bobbyshinton

tbf my interests are more in common with that section of society than you bunch of prols.

also, bear in mind the person I am around you lot (face to face or on here) is lightyears from the person I am around my mates.

Dave: "It's all just a facade!"

'Mock Turtle' if you will

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tbf my interests are more in common with that section of society than you bunch of prols.

also, bear in mind the person I am around you lot (face to face or on here) is lightyears from the person I am around my mates.

Is it common for members of the upper class to pretend they're something they're not like?

as much as the rest of us, yes.

and I'm not "pretending to be something I'm not" knobber, I'm saying my interests are more likely to be similar to those people in the upper middle class area of society.

and as much fun as I'm sure this is, I've got some croquet to prepare for :ok:

Eating good food and ignoring chavvy little oiks like me?

FYP

Back on topic: I went out with a black lass briefly in my teens. My family were fine about it but we went to a mates house and his mother went hysterical at having "one of them in her house". She is one of the most infuriating people I've ever met and much as I like my mate I'd gladly take a baseball bat to her.

FYP

:ok:

I'm glad this thread has been steered off it's "smoswaldmoseleyagain" course in any event. :jesuswept:

Is it common for members of the upper class to pretend they're something they're not like?

as much as the rest of us, yes.

and I'm not "pretending to be something I'm not" knobber, I'm saying my interests are more likely to be similar to those people in the upper middle class area of society.

and as much fun as I'm sure this is, I've got some croquet to prepare for :jesuswept:

Nah, they aren't embarrassed about their background. Nowt sadder imo. You probably pretended you were related to the Duke of Northumberland in Freshers' Week and have been keeping up the facade ever since :ok:

anyway, it should be noted that I said "Middle to upperclass" meaning middle-to-upperclass, not Middle class and Upper class... more that grey area in between.

so you can all cock off. :ok:

Oh, one does think a lot of ones self, doesn't one !

Ah yes, good food, the exclusive preserve of the rah classes. :ok:

You might enjoy microwave meals Mr Enabler, but I like my food to be expensive and exotic. :jesuswept:

Everyone on this board is working class - FACT!

"My grandad was a miner and he worked down a mine"

good place to be a miner really? <_<

If you don't get the Kevin Keegan reference then you should resign your board membership and hand back your platinum club tartan rug tbf. <_<;)

Nah, they aren't embarrassed about their background. Nowt sadder imo. You probably pretended you were related to the Duke of Northumberland in Freshers' Week and have been keeping up the facade ever since <_<

I agree, I don't pretend to be upperclass but neither am I salt of the earth working class. I said (and have repeated a few times) My interests are similar to those of the uppermiddle class.

you're being deliberately obtuse for shits and giggles, which is fine and fair enough, but simply factually incorrect. ;)

and no I don't think a lot of myself, I think exactly the right amount of myself <_<

Ah yes, good food, the exclusive preserve of the rah classes. ;)

You might enjoy microwave meals Mr Enabler, but I like my food to be expensive and exotic. <_<

Eh? Is making no sense an upper-class thing as well now?

Ah yes, good food, the exclusive preserve of the rah classes. ;)

You might enjoy microwave meals Mr Enabler, but I like my food to be expensive and exotic. <_<

Eh? Is making no sense an upper-class thing as well now?

Probably the in-breeding tbh.

Nah, they aren't embarrassed about their background. Nowt sadder imo. You probably pretended you were related to the Duke of Northumberland in Freshers' Week and have been keeping up the facade ever since <_<

I agree, I don't pretend to be upperclass but neither am I salt of the earth working class. I said (and have repeated a few times) My interests are similar to those of the uppermiddle class.

you're being deliberately obtuse for shits and giggles, which is fine and fair enough, but simply factually incorrect. ;)

and no I don't think a lot of myself, I think exactly the right amount of myself :shades:

You were the one using the words middle to upper. Still sussed you I reckon. <_<

FYP

;)

I'm glad this thread has been steered off it's "smoswaldmoseleyagain" course in any event. <_<

Missed a trick there. Smeenochpowellagain shirley.

FYP

;)

I'm glad this thread has been steered off it's "smoswaldmoseleyagain" course in any event. <_<

Missed a trick there. Smeenochpowellagain shirley.

<_<

*holds head in shame*

Never mind bringing back lasses/lads from other ethnic groups I once was seeing a lass who it turns out my dad was her brothers Probation Officer. He gave me & her short shrift for months until we split and then he was all sweetness and light. ;)