Part one of Anal's special "report"

Isegrim

Roeder turns back to Titus

Apr 20 2007

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Titus Bramble is in line for an unexpected recall to the Newcastle United side for Sunday's game with Chelsea at St James' Park..

And if he does play, the United defender has been challenged by Glenn Roeder to turn in his usual sterling performance against the men from West London.

Bramble has been out in the cold since the UEFA Cup defeat by AZ Alkmaar last month, and with his contract up at the end of the season and no offer of a new one on the table, he had every right to wonder if he had played his last game in a black-and-white shirt.

But with Peter Ramage not match fit, Craig Moore letting in the water at Portsmouth last Saturday and Oguchi Onyewu picking up a knock at Fratton Park, the way would seem clear for the former England Under-21 international.

All Roeder would say today was: "No decision has been made on the future of Titus Bramble.

"He was impressive for our reserves when they beat Middlesbrough 5-1 on Tuesday night and he is in the frame for Sunday.

"And if he does play I hope he comes up with a good game against one of his favourite teams.

"I remember sitting in the St James' stands two seasons ago when I was working for the FA, and saw United play out a draw with Chelsea.

"The two Newcastle players who impressed me the most that day were Titus and James Milner.

"And, of course, I was in the dugout 12 months ago when Titus got the goal which beat Chelsea and took us into the InterToto Cup."

Shay Given is still not ready to return and Steve Harper (right) will again deputise for the Irishman against Chelsea.

And Harper told me today: "This is a big, big game and it is nice to be able to have a say in the title race, even though we would prefer to be involved ourselves, of course.

"But we got a fair enough point against Arsenal at St James' Park in our last home match and there is no reason why we should not give Chelsea a good game."

Absolutely no mention of "Tayls" there

Quelle suprisé

Aye, Taylor sits nicely in Anals 'thou shall not slag' gang. This is where he takes the piss as a journalist, I remember the 5-1 Birmingham defeat especially as a moment where Taylor was fair game for a slagging and Oliver just side stepped it.

I like how even the arse-licking propagandist Oliver can't quite bring himself to describe Roeder's coaching team as anything stronger than "fair enough".

;)

That is about as damning of them as any criticism we give them on here! If Anal in his love of all things geordie like Clark or people who "understand the club" like Roeder and Terry Mac can only bring himself to describe them as "fair" then he's basically calling them worse than shite! So in a way, if you look at it like that, he's finally got something right for once!