following on from the tread below which mentions the

bobbyshinton

The Broken Doll - Cracking old venue with great ales, live bands and good atmosphere

The Farmers Rest - Canny for bottle of brown on a saturday afternoon

Pig & whistle - Ye olde style - Used to go there before the Doll in my youth, also had some canny bands on

The Riverside - Before it became shindig and got all done out, again live band venue

Yeah ok, I noticed the theme. Dolls the biggest loss though....

The riverside, yes, definitely. And as has been mentioned, the Mayfair. Brilliant music venues.

Got to be honest, although I went there lots, the Broken Doll was a bit "worn" for my tastes. The Farmers rest I have only vague memories of.

I played at the Doll and it was a great music venue. Bit rough at quieter times but still friendly enough. Loved the Riverside for live music. Mayfair was ok, saw the likes of the Smiths and New Order there and it was fine.

Doesnt appear to be many places catering for that stuff in the same way it was done then. Could be wrong - I've been away over a decade ;)

I played at the Doll and it was a great music venue. Bit rough at quieter times but still friendly enough. Loved the Riverside for live music. Mayfair was ok, saw the likes of the Smiths and New Order there and it was fine.

Doesnt appear to be many places catering for that stuff in the same way it was done then. Could be wrong - I've been away over a decade <_<

;) mate of mine came to the Riverside with me one night...dressed up to the nines in a pink mini sikrt et al...got loads of stick <_<

Edited by Radgina