Company    Tottenham Hotspur PLC   

TIDM  TTNM

Headline  Player Transfer

Released    13:01 31-Aug-05

Number  6548Q

Date:  31 August 2005

Tottenham Hotspur plc

Player Transfer

Tottenham Hotspur plc is pleased to announce that agreement has been reached with Newcastle United FC and the player Jermaine Jenas, age 22, for the transfer of his registration to Tottenham Hotspur FC for a consideration of £7.0m payable in instalments over the next three years. The player’s contract is for a period of five years.

Not quite the £20m we were demanding a while back! :rolleyes:

I would have hoped we'd squeeze a bit more out fo them say more like £9m because of how highly he's rated by everyone in the game, but you'd take £7m for him.

Still good business I reckon.

24637[/snapback]

With the money we have to pass to Forest we at least got a little profit when you just look at the transfer sums. Still Jenas did pocket in quite a lot of dosh for his performances in meantime...

Edited by Isegrim

Still good business I reckon.

24637[/snapback]

Aye we did well to recover our outlay on him I reckon. Astonished that anyone still rates him at that amount in the current market. And that with only one team in for him aswell-not even a highest bidder situation.

Bad buy. Goodbye.

Thats a joke, what happened to the cr*p about him being worth 15-20m!

Payable over installments!  I think that is a poor piece of business!

24647[/snapback]

You've answered your own question. The reports of him being worth 15-20m were "crap".

24647[/snapback]

You've answered your own question. The reports of him being worth 15-20m were "crap".

24669[/snapback]

Thats fair but I question whether the sale has been for tactical reasons, more to balance the books.

I have been a big critic of Jenas but with our injury record selling players may come back to haunt us!

24647[/snapback]

24669[/snapback]

Thats fair but I question whether the sale has been for tactical reasons, more to balance the books.

I have been a big critic of Jenas but with our injury record selling players may come back to haunt us!

24681[/snapback]

If he was on his deathbed then he wouldnt have passed the Spurs medical. :rolleyes:

24647[/snapback]

24669[/snapback]

24681[/snapback]

I know what you're saying, but I don't see how selling a player who's been nothing but disappointing for us on at a profit can be anything but a good thing. Keeping him in as "another warm body" in case of injuries when he's clearly a very saleable asset wouldn't make any sense.

24647[/snapback]

24669[/snapback]

24681[/snapback]

I know what you're saying, but I don't see how selling a player who's been nothing but disappointing for us on at a profit can be anything but a good thing. Keeping him in as "another warm body" in case of injuries when he's clearly a very saleable asset wouldn't make any sense.

24698[/snapback]

Yep, thats fair comment and I have to agree, I just can't stop worrying about our lack of players, but your right, my concern actually isn't in centre midfield, its definetley more wing and defence orientated!

Considering Forest are taking a wedge off us through the sell on clause I can't help but feel a little disapointed at the price. From £15 million to £12 million (granted these two were pie in the sky) decreasing to the £7 million today. Not going to help us bring in re-inforcements in the injury hit central midfield position.

Personally I think his performances have been shocking of too long, he's a sulky child and I'm glad too see him go.

24851[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, don't think his performances have been good enough. Still think we could have bled a couple more million from Spurs for him though.

Personally I think his performances have been shocking of too long, he's a sulky child and I'm glad too see him go.

24851[/snapback]

if ever there was someone who'se head was turned by "celebrity" I think it was jenas - he looked as if he was going to a be truly great player but never worked at it

I dont see any reason why he will get better just because he is at spurs. If he ever does fulfill his potential then he will be a decent player, but with his performances with us over the years he looks weak in too many areas for this to happen until he's at least in his late 20's. Its not worth the wait IMO and i dont think he'll get there in his spurs career. At £7m its good business, although i dont like the three year installments, but at least we will get the money in the end, and put it towards a better player.