Favourite Top Gear Feature

Super_Steve_Howey

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I liked the Italian Supercar for under £10k one aswell.

What's your avatar? It's been bugging me.

'Godspeed You! Black Emperor - F# A# OO' album cover.

Aah. Cheers.

All brilliant to be honest.

the veyron test drive by captain slow - ellen mcarthur - the test drive where hammond screams 'i am a driving god' !

too many favourites

The point is that they're not really "challenges" if the outcome is predetermined now are they? Though they broadcast it as the accurate outcome of a fair experiment.

Ah right, you meant 'fixed'. Can't see the point really, or what they are supposed to 'fix' exactly.

They fix what happens in the challenges, the interesting or funny bits don't just happen, they are scripted by the team or by writers therefore making the whole thing less funny. What exactly don't you understand about what I'm saying?

They fix what happens in the challenges, the interesting or funny bits don't just happen, they are scripted by the team or by writers therefore making the whole thing less funny. What exactly don't you understand about what I'm saying?

1. Why they would need to. How unfunny do you think these challenges are with fixing?

2. What they actually fixed? Blowing the Italian engine block? What funny bits didn't actually happen?

If they didn't stage these little hiccups in the challenges most of them would be uneventful and therefore less watchable.

I'm no expert on the Top Gear challenges but things like the amphibious car capsizing just as they reached the pier, the shit that went on when Maye and Hammond were flying the plane like the fact Maye couldn't fly at night, the breakdowns and shite that went on on the 10k super car challenge but the most obvious was when Maye was racing a biker while in a Clio somewhere in Portugal I think, those shots were so obviously set up.

I just find it less funny when I know it's not a realistic account of what happened.

If they didn't stage these little hiccups in the challenges most of them would be uneventful and therefore less watchable.

I'm no expert on the Top Gear challenges but things like the amphibious car capsizing just as they reached the pier, the shit that went on when Maye and Hammond were flying the plane like the fact Maye couldn't fly at night, the breakdowns and shite that went on on the 10k super car challenge but the most obvious was when Maye was racing a biker while in a Clio somewhere in Portugal I think, those shots were so obviously set up.

I just find it less funny when I know it's not a realistic account of what happened.

I don't think it's all rigged but that biker one definitely was. And it's funny how the races ALWAYS go down to the wire. ;)

Bits of the races are re-shot, that's a fact, you simply couldn't film them otherwise, but they do happen as they present.

Of course the plane 'hiccups' were known in advance, but they're not going to blow the whole drama and reveal that at the start, but that hardly makes it a fix. They are part and parcel of running a light aircraft. I think anybody could work out that a plane at 150mph in a straight line will beat the Veyron travelling across Europe.

I don't know what to say if you really think they need to stage capsizings or breakdowns, given what the actual challenge was in the first place.

Personally, I don't care if the challenges are rigged so that they're close because that's not what I watch it for. It's the banter between the presenters which makes the show. It always has.

Ofcourse, ewerk will now come along and tell us that they're all reading from scripts and that they weren't really in America on that episode.

Edited by Skol