Favourite Top Gear Feature

Super_Steve_Howey

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The outcomes and most of what happens in the challenges are generally pre-determined. You're naive if you think otherwise.

I can't see why they need to. The set-up of the challenges produces these events. You're reading more into it than you need to, it's hardly JFK.

I like the challenges where they each have to build/buy their own car, like the limo episode. Generally I think all the car vs bike/climber/plane are obviously staged and subsequently are a bit shit.

I saw the bike one again the other day. Like I said, pieces are re-shot for dramatic effect - it is entertainment after all, but I really can't see the point in them making up the finish times/scenarios. Can you see the presenters being fine about just lying about it on TV? I just think they choose scenarios that are going to be close finishes.

The DB9 to Monte Carlo (15 minutes), the Bugatti from Italy (10 minutes), the Ferrari to Verbier (literally seconds) - Do you not think that when travelling hundreds of miles and taking days to complete that these close finishes are a bit convenient?

I suppose the time that they had to build a car in Scotland while the stig drove from England and was about to win the race but was "caught for speeding" at the last minute wasn't set up either? :nufc:

The DB9 to Monte Carlo (15 minutes), the Bugatti from Italy (10 minutes), the Ferrari to Verbier (literally seconds) - Do you not think that when travelling hundreds of miles and taking days to complete that these close finishes are a bit convenient?

I suppose the time that they had to build a car in Scotland while the stig drove from England and was about to win the race but was "caught for speeding" at the last minute wasn't set up either? :nufc:

Well, I don't know what can be said to convince you otherwise. I only go by what I see on the program.

Surely it's not beyond the realms of possibility that these could be planned to be close, and they turn out to be. There wouldn't be much point running a race that would clearly be onse sided. And in my experience, travel times in cars and by train (on the continent) can be planned ahead quite accurately and repeatably.