Anyone orderd a new home shirt ?

Jimbo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto.

Had to be done though...

It's whats paying for ENGLAND INTERNATIONALS and maintaining us as the countrys FIFTH BEST CLUB for the last 10 YEARS with 5TH BEST chairman and 5TH BEST manager and 5TH BEST tea lady, whatever....

prd_maxzoom_695512.jpg

The more I see it, the more I hate it.

That text on the collar looks well shit, not keen on the sky blue trim either.

Its a fairly Chavish shirt i reckon :nufc:

The colour of that trim is rank, whats wrong with white?

The actual kit has grown on me, I thought it was far too black first but I like that bit now. Still don't get why the box around the sponsor is a different shade of black to the stripes, whats that all about?

No stripes on the back is disappointing, but seems to be the in-thing to do these days if you look around all other striped teams.

No, it was going to be, but was abandoned back in the end iirc.

So why the club would deliberately put one on now, I don't know. Actually a small plain black square on the back for name and number would have been ok. The whole back being plane solid stripless is pretty rank.

That text on the back of the collar is the fabric equivalent of those charvas you see with their name tattooed in a fancy font on their shoulders or forearms tbh. Other than that I quite like the shirt. Won't be buying it due to my new 'no sportswear / logos' rule though.

I'm sure I've seen that text on the back of the collar, in exactly the same script, on one of our previous kits.

Has it been on the socks of a previous adidas concoction?? :lol:

I'm sure I've seen that text on the back of the collar, in exactly the same script, on one of our previous kits.

Has it been on the socks of a previous adidas concoction?? :lol:

That is what I've been thinking too actually, and I'm pretty sure it was on this shirt:

2000-09-16kd.jpg

Same place, back of the collar. Actually, the only nufc away shirt I have... will have to check it out.

Edit: Nope :D It's a baadge on the back of that collar. Must have been on socks then.

Was on these socks:

1633902so2.jpg

Almost exactly the same.

Incidentally, that is the best shirt we've ever had. Class.

By a country mile.

Was on these socks:

1633902so2.jpg

Almost exactly the same.

Incidentally, that is the best shirt we've ever had. Class.

By a country mile.

As it is now approaching ten years since the team last wore that strip (I know, I'm shocked too), and it is clearly so good, why can't adidas just re-release it as the new home top? I know people may have it from before but they must be a bit worn around the edges so I would imagine lots of people would still buy it (and loads have bought the last two virtually identical home shirts). Am I missing something glaringly obvious here?

Am I missing something glaringly obvious here?

Progress?

We're not really progressing if the shirts are getting worse though, correct? Playing in red would be considered progress if the only criteria is that the shirts must be different.

I'm with Luke on this one.....if it ain't broke, why fix it??

I've still not bought a home shirt since - the only one that has come anywhere near close is the first Northern Rock shirt (blue numbers)

I've still not bought a home shirt since - the only one that has come anywhere near close is the first Northern Rock shirt (blue numbers)

That shirt was class. Loved it as soon as it was announced, just like our 05/07 actually. The return to a more "local" sponsor maybe had something to do with it also.

Are they doing new arm patches? I thought they only changed when the league sponsor was replaced? :lol:

Pretty sure it's just the numbers that are changing.

Are they doing new arm patches? I thought they only changed when the league sponsor was replaced? :lol:

Pretty sure it's just the numbers that are changing.

Not sure, the Premier league have changed their logo so its possible the patch design will match that.