This new female MOTD commentator

Smooth Operator

jacqui_oatley.jpg

Well I'm pleasantly surprised but it's pointless as you only hear her whining voice, if she popped up in the bottom right corner during the game, like the bloke that does the sign language for the deaf, but naked then I could perhaps see the point.

Another error by the Feminist BBC, thanks but no thanks.

It sounded amatuer, passionless and pathetic.

Pointless PC/Equal rights bollocks.

Give me a senile motty any day!

Edited by T-Keith

I didn't see MOTD, but I've heard her commentating on Five Live, and I don't like it.

It's because the pitch of her voice is all wrong for football commentary - too high especially when there's a goal or something exciting, and when that happens, it grates.

I'm not bothered by the idea of women commentating on Football, the problem is that a lot of women would have the problem with pitching their voices to commentate.

But in purely gender terms, there's no reason why women shouldn't commentate, as long as they know what they're talking about, which a lot of women do - mind you, perhaps not even that is neccessary as there are plenty male commentators who don't have a clue.

I've heard her on five live before aswell, she doesnt actually do or say anything wrong, but it just sounds wrong and I'm female! Mind you, i think I'd rather her than motty :nufc:

Pure gimmick if you ask me, and what's with Gabby Logan presenting it these days too?

As Neil Warnock I think said, men don't commentate on Netball so why is she commentating on football?

This female commentator was shit, bless her.

Gabby is alright though imo.

Pure gimmick if you ask me, and what's with Gabby Logan presenting it these days too?

As Neil Warnock I think said, men don't commentate on Netball so why is she commentating on football?

Yes but Gabby is a presenter not a commentater, which is fine.

she might "settle into" it tho, it was her first match and she may well have been a bit nervous, see what she's like a few down the line.

Yes but Gabby is a presenter not a commentater, which is fine.

Yes, I know :nufc:

Marks out of two?

"I'd give her one."

Don't leave the man hanging ffs. :lol:

Halle-fucking-lujah. Cheers mate, thought I'd been left high & dry on that one.

I got the joke, but I didn't reply, because I wouldn't. :nufc: