FC United of Newcastle

Super_Steve_Howey

Been looking at the manc breakaway club, basically they're 4 or 5 years off league 2 if they stay united.

Basically, it's one member one vote, all profits re-invested. 12 man board, voted by members yearly. Twice yearly votes on motions with 5 member's support.

So, what with the dissaffection with NUFC's management, and the basic fact that this club will never be run with the supporters at heart, would you defect?

Specifically, if a start-up group was formed, would you pledge any money to the cause? (thereby gaining 1 vote, irrespective of contribution). Would you start attending matches? Would you buy the merchandise?

Would you make a voluntary contribution to the cause? say, 5 hours a week

Down the line, should the club make it to the league, would you hand on heart be able to cancel your season ticket to support the new club? If so, at what point?

The difference between us and Man U and Wimbeldon is that Shepherd, for all his blabbing to the press and general incompetence, still wants NUFC to suceed, not just from a buisness point of view but also because he's a fan. Yes, he's shit at it, and yes, he makes far too much money out of us but ultimately the board want the right things for the club - they're just very very poor at getting them done!

For those reasons I have no real desire to support an 'alternative' NUFC, instead I'll just hope that one day the board gets it right or lets someone else have a go.

The difference between us and Man U and Wimbeldon is that Shepherd, for all his blabbing to the press and general incompetence, still wants NUFC to suceed, not just from a buisness point of view but also because he's a fan. Yes, he's shit at it, and yes, he makes far too much money out of us but ultimately the board want the right things for the club - they're just very very poor at getting them done!

For those reasons I have no real desire to support an 'alternative' NUFC, instead I'll just hope that one day the board gets it right or lets someone else have a go.

ditto

Genuinely surprised. I don't really think Fred runs this club for the fans, and the Halls are con-men in my opinion. The reason I was thinking about this was it is in my opinion realistically not that far off that FC United of Manchester could be in League Two or even League One. From there, with a potential fanbase of Manchester, who knows? And all on one member one vote. The only barrier to the big time would be a stadium.

Shepherd reminds me of Napoleon

We did Animal Farm for GCSE and the teacher set us an essay question for homework. Can't remember what it was about, but anyway, one of the lads forgot to take his book home and had to do the essay from memory of what he thought we'd read so far. I fucking pissed myself when the teacher was handing back out the homework and goes "SHARKEY! I don't know what version of Animal Farm you've been reading, but there is NO animal called Wellington in mine!" :lol: