Newcastle United Vs Chelsea: Official Match thread

Jimbo

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In his defense, he saw people in the middle... but those players just stopped, so they were nowhere near once the ball came accross.

Huge chance for Cole just blazes past the post.

In his defense, he saw people in the middle... but those players just stopped, so they were nowhere near once the ball came accross.

Yep, one of them should just have made the run and Carrol's ball would have been the perfect assist.

0-0 Full time.

Carroll did the right thing, most of our superstars would've gone for goal. If someone had made the run we would've scored.

Good game. Taylor, Bramble, Butt, all storming. Dyer couldn't have been worse.

Jose claiming a conspiracy against Chelsea :nufc:

Aye a northeastern conspiracy. We bribed all the refs from here to Lancashire just to keep Man U and Chelsea

at the same points difference.

What a goddamn clown.

We were still annoyingly poor when it came to passing the ball around .............

Very true, a lot of sloppy passes but a good performence never the less.

Dyer was a tad disappointing and perhaps Carroll should have come on a little earlier.

Bramble did surprising well and so did Carr, Taylor was more than canny.

I really expected we would lose but hey! this is Newcassel :nufc:

Edited by MattM4

We were still annoyingly poor when it came to passing the ball around .............

Dyer was a tad disappointing and perhaps Carroll should have come on a little earlier.

I really expected we would lose but hey! this is Newcassel :lol:

Got to admit thats not the impression I got at the game. Dyer, yes his passing was sloppy but otherwise I thought we played some good fluid football.

And it pains me to say it but Carr was pushing for MoM :nufc:

I really expected we would lose but hey! this is Newcassel :razz:

Got to admit thats not the impression I got at the game. Dyer, yes his passing was sloppy but otherwise I thought we played some good fluid football.

Since when did they make my seat restricted view? :lol:

Aye he was decent. Looks much fitter than he has for a while too - still bombing on late in the game. Carroll looked fairly unfazed as well - looks like he has a lot of time on the ball when he gets it played into him with his back to goal.

Aye he was decent. Looks much fitter than he has for a while too - still bombing on late in the game. Carroll looked fairly unfazed as well - looks like he has a lot of time on the ball when he gets it played into him with his back to goal.

they say that to have that string to your bow can lead to great things. The ability to grab an extra second or so on the ball, especially in the EPL where time is such a rare commodity.

It's depressing that we CAN play like that, but haven't.

Players putting on a show for the cameras? Roeder unable to motivate the team for the smaller teams? Either way, as happy as I was today, I feel cheated on the season as a whole knowing that we can match "the best".

It's depressing that we CAN play like that, but haven't.

Players putting on a show for the cameras? Roeder unable to motivate the team for the smaller teams? Either way, as happy as I was today, I feel cheated on the season as a whole knowing that we can match "the best".

I've been thinking about that.

Perhaps some of the 'stars' are looking to put themselves in the shop window. I also noted the fact that the crowd were obviously expecting the worst, both at the start and the end of the match, which never used to happen.

Guest Patrokles

Aye he should of smashed it into the five players standing ahead of the near post.

Could of gone anywhere and i think i would rather having the chance of it going through their legs into the net then getting dealt with but a side footed clearance.

Not to be a pedant but its could have people, HAVE! :lol:

Not to be a pedant, but it's it's. That's an even more elementary error than of/have. :nufc:

See this is the difference for me.

In times gone past, in this situation the crowd would be at full volume constantly, which would lift the team to go on and perhaps nick this. Now, all I can hear are the 3,000 Chelsea fans, and our crowd just appears to be waiting to get beat.

atmosphere must come across very different, as we were usually loud today and the team got plenty of support, where as the Chelsea fans were the same as their team just not up for it