Newcastle United Vs Chelsea: Official Match thread

Jimbo

See this is the difference for me.

In times gone past, in this situation the crowd would be at full volume constantly, which would lift the team to go on and perhaps nick this. Now, all I can hear are the 3,000 Chelsea fans, and our crowd just appears to be waiting to get beat.

atmosphere must come across very different, as we were usually loud today and the team got plenty of support, where as the Chelsea fans were the same as their team just not up for it

Felt sorry for the fat bastard.

joined in of course.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In times gone past, in this situation the crowd would be at full volume constantly, which would lift the team to go on and perhaps nick this. Now, all I can hear are the 3,000 Chelsea fans, and our crowd just appears to be waiting to get beat.

atmosphere must come across very different, as we were usually loud today and the team got plenty of support, where as the Chelsea fans were the same as their team just not up for it

I'd say the same, the atmosphere this season is rarely anything other than abysmal, but today was louder than usual (though still poor). And the away fans were so bad that people were chanting about them being the worst aways fans this season.

I'd say the same, the atmosphere this season is rarely anything other than abysmal, but today was louder than usual (though still poor). And the away fans were so bad that people were chanting about them being the worst aways fans this season.

Kinda my point, but more about it seemed the crowd only got into it after they realised we hadn't conceded in the first 20 mins, and again, I heard nowt but Chelsea songs toward the end, except for the obvious times, again as it seemed people expected us to conceed late on.

Beat Liverpoo, and drew with Chelsea, Arsenal and ManU at SJP. It's just the dross we have trouble with.

CON1210.jpg tbh

Well said that man.

I actually don't watch Roedent's post match interviews cos they're irrelevant to me. You know you're gonna get a load of crap about team spirit etc when the only question that matters is where's the evidence of team spirit when it really matters, like Bolton/Wigan away etc etc?

Draw at home against Chelski. Big deal tbf.

Beat Liverpoo, and drew with Chelsea, Arsenal and ManU at SJP. It's just the dross we have trouble with.

CON1210.jpg tbh

Well said that man.

I actually don't watch Roedent's post match interviews cos they're irrelevant to me. You know you're gonna get a load of crap about team spirit etc when the only question that matters is where's the evidence of team spirit when it really matters, like Bolton/Wigan away etc etc?

Aye I think it all goes to show Roeder up as being unable to motivate the players against the teams that they feel they should easily beat.

just seens Mourhinos's interview :lol: i agree that not many teams get pens at OT but 'new rules' :nufc:

They had the stats on the radio this morning, and Man United have had 4 penalties given against them this season, 3 at OT. Chelsea have only had 2 given against them. Man United have been given 4 penalties to Chelsea's 3.

The O'Shea one on Saturday was defo a penalty though so I can see why he's crying a bit, but they should have wiped the floor with us yesterday and didn't look all that interested - you would never have thought that they needed to win to stay in the title race!?

Exactly, it's pointless doing very well against the big teams, and we have to be fair, and then not turning up to teams who we should be putting away with ease. However, maybe that's what these top four sides were thinking when they turned up here, easy three points.

I thought it was an awful match. Yeah, we have the ability to stop the "big" teams playing (at home anyway) but is that enough? Frankly It's turgid to watch. The crowd were amazing considering the shit they were watching, from both teams. Champions elect? My arse.

just seens Mourhinos's interview :lol: i agree that not many teams get pens at OT but 'new rules' :nufc:

They had the stats on the radio this morning, and Man United have had 4 penalties given against them this season, 3 at OT. Chelsea have only had 2 given against them. Man United have been given 4 penalties to Chelsea's 3.

The O'Shea one on Saturday was defo a penalty though so I can see why he's crying a bit, but they should have wiped the floor with us yesterday and didn't look all that interested - you would never have thought that they needed to win to stay in the title race!?

Chelsea just dont seem to have this 2nd gear that Man Utd have when they need a result. You'd expect Man Utd to get more penalties at home, since they are attacking for most games suppose this explains why teams dont get many penalties at OT

Boro should have had one on saturday, dont the smoggies have a canny record at old trafford ?

:nufc:

I assume from that that you think it's a big achievement?

I think what I always thought, that it was possible.

I've just enjoying all the revisionism that's going on is all. :lol:

I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that people expected us to get beat, and then aren't all that impressed when we manage a draw? In which case you would do well to consider the context that the statement was made in - i.e. We're getting outplayed and beaten by the teams we need to/should be beating, and in that context achieving a result against Chelsea is no big deal.

I reckon a lot of people were appeased by the result though, given the applause at the end. Personally I can't wait 'til next season so I can move for the fat fuck Andy Pipkin look alike crettin on my left who spat on me three times yesterday.

Has anyone ever doubted that it was possible? It didn't look likely, that's all.

I've just enjoying all the revisionism that's going on is all. :razz:

I'm assuming you're referring to the fact that people expected us to get beat, and then aren't all that impressed when we manage a draw? In which case you would do well to consider the context that the statement was made in - i.e. We're getting outplayed and beaten by the teams we need to/should be beating, and in that context achieving a result against Chelsea is no big deal.

Now who sounds like Albert Logic? :lol:

*Ahem* "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" is the "appropriate" response I think? :nufc:

Has anyone ever doubted that it was possible? It didn't look likely, that's all.

Quite a few if you go back to the thread in question.

*Ahem* "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" is the "appropriate" response I think? :nufc:

Aye fancy wanting someone to take a comment in the context it was written. I'm a veritable Dr. Spock.

*Ahem* "Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" is the "appropriate" response I think? :first:

Aye fancy wanting someone to take a comment in the context it was written. I'm a veritable Dr. Spock.

Mr Spock, although you could be a Dr Spock who knows. :nufc: