Sunday Paper Gossip

Jimbo

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Manchester United and Chelsea will battle this summer to sign Tottenham's Dimitar Berbatov, with bids likely to break the £20m mark. (Sunday Mirror)

Louis Saha will be offered as bait, says the News of the World, with Berbatov looking "certain" to switch to Old Trafford.

Spurs could also lose Didier Zokora and Pascal Chimbonda with Sevilla plotting to sign the pair. (News of the World)

Carlos Tevez is wanted by Portsmouth if West Ham lose their battle to stay in the Premiership. (Sunday Mirror)

But Redknapp does not believe he could raise the necessary cash. (News of the World)

Bayern Munich plan an audacious bid for Chelsea ace Arjen Robben. (News of the World)

Meanwhile Chelsea will recall Glen Johnson from Portsmouth and offer him another chance, and are also looking at the Portugal international Miguel, while Paulo Ferreira and Geremi will be offered to other clubs. (Sunday Times)

Liverpool are ready to make a fresh swoop for brilliant Benfica winger Simao Sabrosa. (News of the World)

Obafemi Martins has assured the Toon Army: "I'm not going anywhere". *(The People)

Aston Villa's Jloyd Samuel will be offered a deal at West Ham when his contract expires this summer. (The People)

Celtic goalkeeper Artur Boruc was seen in the players' lounge at Villa Park, prompting talk of a move to re-join Martin O'Neill. (Sunday Express)

Bolton and Portsmouth are tracking Getafe striker Dani Guiza. (The People)

Pompey are also targeting Senegal hotshot Babacar Gueye. (News of the World)

Spurs are lining up experienced French goalkeeper Gregory Coupet as cover for Paul Robinson. (The People)

The other Paul Robinson, the one who plays left-back for West Brom, is being eyed by Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder. (News of the World)

Tottenham and Newcastle will fight for Javier Saviola when he is free to leave Barcelona on a free this summer. (The People)

Gavin McCann will be a shock casualty of Martin O'Neill's end-of-season clear-out at Aston Villa. (The People)

O'Neill has put Craig Bellamy and Jonathan Woodgate top of his summer shopping list. (News of the World)

Bolton and Newcastle want to snatch Marek Saganowski from Southampton. (News of the World)

Burnley and Wales goalkeeper Danny Coyne is attracting interest from Norwich. (News of the World)

Cardiff are leading Wolves and Crystal Palace in the chase for Plymouth left-back Peter Capaldi. (The People). [We think they mean Tony Capaldi, whose future Ian Holloway discussed in this week's column for BBC Sport]

OTHER GOSSIP

Jose Mourinho will have to agree to four strict rules laid down by Roman Abramovich if he wants to stay as Chelsea manager (The People, the News of the World) and they are:

Mourinho's future is back in doubt after revelations that chief executive Peter Kenyon was part of a delegation which met Jurgen Klinsmann. (Mail on Sunday)

Arsene Wenger sat his players down before the draw with Tottenham and told them he would not desert them. (The People)

Wenger has made a U-turn and would now welcome Stan Kroenke's takeover - and he also says he will pick David Dein's successor. (News of the World)

Dein will be forced to quit as chairman of G14. (News of the World)

Coach Wally Downes is considering leaving Reading after receiving what he considers a derisory contract offer - and could replace Tony Adams as Portsmouth's assistant manager. (Sunday Mirror)

Graham Westley tried to save Morell Maison's job before taking over as Kettering manager. (The Non-League Paper).

AND FINALLY...

Arsene Wenger is the most disliked boss in the Premiership among fellow managers says Herry Redknapp. "He is not a barrel of laughs," says Harry. (News of the World)

Fulham goalkeeping coach Dave Beasant did not know he had been sacked when new boss Lawrie Sanchez called to reinstate him. "At least it meant I didn't have too much time to worry about getting the boot," he said. (The People)

*You'll owe me for a new shirt if you do leave, you bastard.

Edited by Scottish Mag

The other Paul Robinson, the one who plays left-back for West Brom, is being eyed by Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder. (News of the World)

Bolton and Newcastle want to snatch Marek Saganowski from Southampton. (News of the World)

aka "Stumpy" off Neighbours :nufc:

Going to wait till the end of the summer before I get the shirt. :nufc:

Dietmar Hamman still owes me too. :lol:

Dietmar Hamman still owes me too. :razz:

:lol:

not too lucky with your shirts are you ?? :lol:

not too lucky with your shirts are you ?? :lol:

I got the Hamman shirt just prior to the Cup Final, never kicked a ball in a black and white shirt again.

We should be after ferreira

Wouldn't come to us in a million years.

You are correct, he'd never join Reading.

We should be after ferreira

Wouldn't come to us in a million years.

You are correct, he'd never join Reading.

Very funny. :nufc:

But if Lauren apparently rejected us (ie the toon) then I can't see Ferreira coming.