The Brian Lara Appreciation Thread

Tooj

As the great man has now finally bowed out I would just like to say what a career he has had. My childhood hero and favourite player of all time.

Also by personal preference the best batsman I have ever seen, (Although I do believe many will come along and say Tendulkar or Ponting) but I rate him higher than both.

42831019laraap416uc4.jpg

I love Brian Lara.

I got really interested in county cricket and chose Warwickshire as my team because of Gladstone Small. The treble season with Lara was absolutely amazing - and to think he was second choice overseas player for that season behind Prabhakar!

:nufc:

I definitely rate him as the best batsman of modern day cricket.

Edited by Walliver

As the great man has now finally bowed out I would just like to say what a career he has had. My childhood hero and favourite player of all time.

Also by personal preference the best batsman I have ever seen, (Although I do believe many will come along and say Tendulkar or Ponting) but I rate him higher than both.

42831019laraap416uc4.jpg

He's fucking miles ahead of Tendulkar and Ponting. Not only does he hold the records for runs scored and highest score in tests, he has one thing in abundance that Tendulkar and Ponting lack - flair. No batsman has ever really batted like Lara.

42831019laraap416uc4.jpg

He's fucking miles ahead of Tendulkar and Ponting. Not only does he hold the records for runs scored and highest score in tests, he has one thing in abundance that Tendulkar and Ponting lack - flair. No batsman has ever really batted like Lara.

A man after my own heart, the thing about Lara is the defining innings so to speak he has had in his career while playing in the worst West Indian side for 50 years. Tendulkar now just seems to be batting for his statistics more than anything else.

Cricket is quite clearly a sport for middle class gay boys. Its no surprise the spend half the day bent over with their arses in the air. :lol:

No that is Rugby, cricket is just as exciting as watching the grass grow.

Mind you on the treatment table next to me at the physio today was Kirk Edwards, WI bowler.

Nice guy, keen footballer, complained he's only once seen his team, the bin dippers, play once and it was away and he had to sit with the home supporters :D at SJP :D

Wasn't impressed when I told him I support the toon :lol: