Martins: Best is yet to come

Jimbo

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does he ever look up? I'm not sure his awareness of what's going on around him is anything special, but as long as you've got an eye for goal it doesn't matter as much. However, if he and Owen play together I don't think either would have a clue where the other was and you won't see much passing between them. That's why you need someone like Carroll who has the rare ability of being able to look up and pass the ball to a teammate.

Best is yet to come? I would fucking hope so.

Me too, .........question is WHEN??

17 goals in his first season, playing on his own up front for a shit team, he's not done too bad in my view, but could be much better.

Fair enough he has scored 17 goals but we need some one who is a play maker aswell and also gets tapins (how many tapins has martins had this season). I would much rather have payed £10m for Berbatov because he has been immense this season.

Hindsight is wonderful thing, without Martins we'd be down there with Watford.

Aye, I can't remember too many Berbatovforthetoon websites being set up pre season.

Who has been better this season...and say it truthfully and dont say martins because he plays for the toon but he has been more creative and has also been scoring goals Martins Or Berbatov

I wouldn't argue about that, all I'm saying is there's no crediblilty in the argument that "we should have signed Berbatov, he's better", we didn't have crystal ball in August.

Might as well have said "we should have signed Cristano Ronaldo instead of Viana"

its facile.

yeh but spurs didnt have a cristal ball either and they payed £10m for berbatov and if you ask me the way he has played this season £10m is a bargain

Fuck off you big drip. You've been reading far too much Alan Oliver.

Berbatov's adapted to life in the Premiership better but i'd lay money on Martins getting a shedload more if he was in Tottenham's side. As everyone else has said hindsight is a wonderful thing but if you'd asked me if the beginning of the season who i'd rather have i'd have went for Martins. It's daft to expect a 21 year old from a foriegn country to come in and perform, especially in a side like this. 17 goals im his first season is a great return IMO.

Lets see how he does next year before acting like complete pricks.

even tho i agree with you i still think he should have done better for what we payed for him and plus we need a striker that is taller than both owen and martins because they are both very short and even tho martins has a great leap we still need a striker who is good in the air...carrol looks a handy player in the air he is too young..but can we really afford to spend any money on a striker when all the work needs to be done at the back

Best is yet to come? I would fucking hope so.

Me too, .........question is WHEN??

17 goals in his first season, playing on his own up front for a shit team, he's not done too bad in my view, but could be much better.

Fair enough he has scored 17 goals but we need some one who is a play maker aswell and also gets tapins (how many tapins has martins had this season). I would much rather have payed £10m for Berbatov because he has been immense this season.

Hindsight is wonderful thing, without Martins we'd be down there with Watford.

Aye, I can't remember too many Berbatovforthetoon websites being set up pre season.

Who has been better this season...and say it truthfully and dont say martins because he plays for the toon but he has been more creative and has also been scoring goals Martins Or Berbatov

I wouldn't argue about that, all I'm saying is there's no crediblilty in the argument that "we should have signed Berbatov, he's better", we didn't have crystal ball in August.

Might as well have said "we should have signed Cristano Ronaldo instead of Viana"

its facile.

yeh but spurs didnt have a cristal ball either and they payed £10m for berbatov and if you ask me the way he has played this season £10m is a bargain

Fuck off you big drip. You've been reading far too much Alan Oliver.

Berbatov's adapted to life in the Premiership better but i'd lay money on Martins getting a shedload more if he was in Tottenham's side. As everyone else has said hindsight is a wonderful thing but if you'd asked me if the beginning of the season who i'd rather have i'd have went for Martins. It's daft to expect a 21 year old from a foriegn country to come in and perform, especially in a side like this. 17 goals im his first season is a great return IMO.

Lets see how he does next year before acting like complete pricks.

even tho i agree with you i still think he should have done better for what we payed for him and plus we need a striker that is taller than both owen and martins because they are both very short and even tho martins has a great leap we still need a striker who is good in the air...carrol looks a handy player in the air he is too young..but can we really afford to spend any money on a striker when all the work needs to be done at the back

The worlds longest fucking anagram :lol:

Oh, and it's paid.

I think an Owen/Ameobi partnership will be the best choice next season.

Same here and God knows why but I have a feeling it may work.

Absolutely zero chance of Roeder trying it unless Martins is injured though.