These 5 players

Super_Steve_Howey

I honestly can't see what Emre offered in that match, no decent set plays or aerial balls, no fast forward passing, heading balls that anyone else could chest and control. Is he really a better OM than Dyer?

So with him in, Dyer is seemingly undroppable, and offers nothing as a winger or striker yet again.

So from everyone saying the obvious, we're going to get hammered, at the end of the day, we did not take advantage of posession due to a lack of creativity from these two players, leaving Milner, Sib and Martins to create something, with most good midfield work coming from Butt.

Emre actually created our only two chances of the game with nice passes. The first one were gave the ball to Butt who set up Dyer (who was offside), the second one to set up Carroll.

But as I said in the other thread. Our game from central midfield is far too negative. Both Emre and Butt are playing deep, so that the strikers have to come deep as well. They are also not really offering the wingers options.

Emre actually created our only two chances of the game with nice passes. The first one were gave the ball to Butt who set up Dyer (who was offside), the second one to set up Carroll.

But as I said in the other thread. Our game from central midfield is far too negative. Both Emre and Butt are playing deep, so that the strikers have to come deep as well. They are also not really offering the wingers options.

Well, if that's true, which I'm not too sure about, then what does that say about Emre as an attacking mid-fielder?

The first one is not creating a chance, Butt created the chance there. The second one is in the last ten minutes.

Would you expect that from your selected midfield dynamo?

Dyer has done nothing for months but for some reason you are not allowed to criticise him as it appears you have some form of agenda if you do so.

Dyer has done nothing for months but for some reason you are not allowed to criticise him as it appears you have some form of agenda if you do so.

He's 80k/week good, so how dare we criticise him :nufc:

Personally I don't know what he has besides pace.

Bollocks. Of course you are entitled to criticise Dyer - and he has been poor in the last couple of months. But some of the criticism often suggests as if he had never done anything good at a match ever, which is a bit ridiculous tbh.

Edited by Isegrim

Bollocks. Of course you are entitled to criticise Dyer - and he has been poor in the last couple of months. But some of the criticism his often as if he had never done anything good at a match ever, which is a bit ridiculous tbh.

I don't think he's a patch on the player he showed glimpses of being 5 years ago.

Bollocks. Of course you are entitled to criticise Dyer - and he has been poor in the last couple of months. But some of the criticism his often as if he had never done anything good at a match ever, which is a bit ridiculous tbh.

I don't think he's a patch on the player he showed glimpses of being 5 years ago.

I totally agree. And I would never have given him a new contract. But I still think he can give something to the team with his "just running around". But there has been very, very little of it in recent months. Partly it is of course Dyer's fault, but to a large part it is imho also Roeder's fault for not being able to give our team play any shape with players getting an understanding of each other.

Edited by Isegrim

Well, I thought emre had a canny game, mainly breaking up their play than creating for us. but still, worked hard all game. Dyer was an odd one. He started on the right and I can only assume he was under instruction to pull inside and play central. This though was leaving massive space for us that we didnt expoit. I expected it to change after half time with him being told to use that space but nothing did. He was all over without really offering much I thought. Better in the second half.

Thought he played well today. Defensively he was very important. The 'months' comment is garbage by the way.

Thought he played well today. Defensively he was very important. The 'months' comment is garbage by the way.

To true, it's been years really, hasn't it?

Well, I thought emre had a canny game, mainly breaking up their play than creating for us. but still, worked hard all game.

Which is what I'd like to see him do next season, hopefully we'll scrap the Parker/Butt partnership, sign an attacking midfielder and partner him in midfield with Emre, it wouldn't work against the top 4 and the likes of Bolton, Spurs and Everton away but against the majority of teams it would.

We don't really need a holding man in a 4-4-2 formation except against the top teams, I think Emre could play the sort of role that Carrick, Gilberto, Zakora, Mascherano play for their clubs, a deep lying playmaker who collects the ball from the defence and help start our attacks from there.

I really am struggling to think of the impact he has made over the past couple of months barring the AZ game at home. This electrifying pace seems nowhere to be found.

Saying that the majority of the wasters on our books have all been just as bad.

I thought Emre played well yesterday although I agree with whoever said he should be pushing further forward.

Dyer was shit and has been for ages now. He's done nothing in any game for a long time (of course this hasn't been helped by him playing up front with Martins for a lot of the games).

If anything there should be more criticism of players and a lot more criticism of key players.

You want to hear it down here if a Man U/Liverpool player has a couple of bad games on the bounce. Healthy iywmho. They make sure they don't have three bad games on the bounce I'll tell you that for nothing. The club make too many allowances and in the end we pay for it as the player just settles into mediocrity.

Bramble mustnt be offered anything at the end of the season. Simple as. Time to start being a bit fucking ruthless.

Well, I also thought Emre was decent yesterday, and I was one of the people who wasn't convinced by him at all last season. Lot more to his game now I reckon, being more positive with the ball, battling, etc. Dyer on the other hand seems to be struggling. However, this may be down to what he's being asked to do by the management.