Rumour has it Dyer has put in a transfer request

Gemmill

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just in the rumours bit on True Faith - I saw it posted on NO. Apparently Spurs are interested.

Don't know what to think about it - if it's true, I think he's taking the piss after basically giving us almost a season at full fitness. But at the same time, he's been here a canny few years and we've got gradually shitter, so if he thinks he can move on somewhere better then that's fair enough (Spurs is somewhere better imo).

Getting £80k per week off the wage bill won't hurt either.

I'd be willing to listen to offers.

Doubt we'll hear many coming forward offering more than £5M though (actually, doubt he'd generate even that much,tbh)

I think any other club would get £5m for him. With our track record in the "Players out" column, I expect us to sell him on for next to nowt with the "Wages are an issue" excuse being used to explain the low transfer fee. When in actual fact, we shouldn't be bearing any of the cost for the fact that Dyer doesn't want to take a pay cut, and the buying club want to revalue the fee downwards on account of his high wage demands.

It's just in the rumours bit on True Faith - I saw it posted on NO. Apparently Spurs are interested.

Don't know what to think about it - if it's true, I think he's taking the piss after basically giving us almost a season at full fitness. But at the same time, he's been here a canny few years and we've got gradually shitter, so if he thinks he can move on somewhere better then that's fair enough (Spurs is somewhere better imo).

I still like him as a player, but think that it would be the best for both - player and club. He is too much a hate figure for a lot of fans to ever win them over. And for the club he is a luxury they cannot afford. And he hasn't given a fair return for his horrendous wages in the last couple of years. And at the age of 28 he isn't a prospect anymore, so to get at least a transfer fee in return wouldn't be too bad - if only he could get decently replaced, something I am not too optimistic about.

But watch him go to a club like Spurs and become a cracking player for a couple years...

I still like him as a player, but think that it would be the best for both - player and club. He is too much a hate figure for a lot of fans to ever win them over. And for the club he is a luxury they cannot afford. And he hasn't given a fair return for his horrendous wages in the last couple of years. And at the age of 28 he isn't a prospect anymore, so to get at least a transfer fee in return wouldn't be too bad - if only he could get decently replaced, something I am not too optimistic about.

But watch him go to a club like Spurs and become a cracking player for a couple years...

He's got his best years ahead of him to be fair...

Sorry, that bit about him being a hate figure is nonsense imo. In actual fact, he is one of the most over-rated players in the history of football imo, but if people did "hate" him, so what? Is that contributing to his poor overall play and chronic lack of goals?

Edited by Renton

Sorry, that bit about him being a hate figure is nonsense imo. In actual fact, he is one of the most over-rated players in the history of football imo, but if people did "hate" him, so what? I that contributing to his poor overall play and chronic lack of goals?

Says the ultimate Dyer hater. :nufc:

I wouldn't be too sad to see Dyer go if we could get decent money for him.

Having said that, it's still bad news if it's true - like it not or not, Dyer is one of our bigger players and if he wants out, people like Given could soon follow. It doesn't look like the players have a lot of faith in Roeder.

Sorry, that bit about him being a hate figure is nonsense imo. In actual fact, he is one of the most over-rated players in the history of football imo, but if people did "hate" him, so what? I that contributing to his poor overall play and chronic lack of goals?

Says the ultimate Dyer hater. :nufc:

I wouldn't say I hate him, I just don't like what he represents as a person and don't rate him that highly as a player. He had a decent deason about 5 years ago, that's about it.

Says the ultimate Dyer hater. :lol:

I wouldn't say I hate him, I just don't like what he represents as a person and don't rate him that highly as a player. He had a decent deason about 5 years ago, that's about it.

You were advocating the death penalty when he pissed in the street iirc. :nufc:

Sorry, that bit about him being a hate figure is nonsense imo. In actual fact, he is one of the most over-rated players in the history of football imo, but if people did "hate" him, so what? Is that contributing to his poor overall play and chronic lack of goals?

I have no problem with people hating him. Everyone is entitled to his opinion, how stupid it might be. And it is my opinion that the fact that a lot of fans don't like him has little to do with his actual ability and performances but rather for non-football reasons (like his handwriting). And I don't think that a player will feel comfortable in a surrounding where he is always an easy target for the abuse of fans. And I do think that psychology plays a big part in player's performances.

Well why is he so disaffected? Could be another sign of Roeder's fantastic man management skills.

He's probably just showing that club loyalty he's been so keen on lately. :nufc:

He has a fucking cheek on him, we pay his wages for while he has spent years on the sidelines then as soon as we get him fit he fucks off.

Still there's no way he's worth his wages and he's probably doing us a favour my fucking off, plus this way he doesn't get 10% of the transfer fee.

I have no problem with people hating him. Everyone is entitled to his opinion, how stupid it might be. And it is my opinion that the fact that a lot of fans don't like him has little to do with his actual ability and performances but rather for non-football reasons (like his handwriting). And I don't think that a player will feel comfortable in a surrounding where he is always an easy target for the abuse of fans. And I do think that psychology plays a big part in player's performances.

:nufc: I forgot he dissed Renton when he asked for an autograph. Hell hath no fury like a groupie scorned!

:nufc: I forgot he dissed Renton when he asked for an autograph. Hell hath no fury like a groupie scorned!

I still like Renton's stance that he couldn't read it, therefore it must have been an insult. :lol:

He never came up with a scan of the autograph. :razz: