Rumour has it Dyer has put in a transfer request

Gemmill

It's just in the rumours bit on True Faith - I saw it posted on NO. Apparently Spurs are interested.

Don't know what to think about it - if it's true, I think he's taking the piss after basically giving us almost a season at full fitness. But at the same time, he's been here a canny few years and we've got gradually shitter, so if he thinks he can move on somewhere better then that's fair enough (Spurs is somewhere better imo).

Getting £80k per week off the wage bill won't hurt either.

I still like him as a player, but think that it would be the best for both - player and club. He is too much a hate figure for a lot of fans to ever win them over. And for the club he is a luxury they cannot afford. And he hasn't given a fair return for his horrendous wages in the last couple of years. And at the age of 28 he isn't a prospect anymore, so to get at least a transfer fee in return wouldn't be too bad - if only he could get decently replaced, something I am not too optimistic about.

But watch him go to a club like Spurs and become a cracking player for a couple years...

Sorry, that bit about him being a hate figure is nonsense imo. In actual fact, he is one of the most over-rated players in the history of football imo, but if people did "hate" him, so what? Is that contributing to his poor overall play and chronic lack of goals?

I have no problem with people hating him. Everyone is entitled to his opinion, how stupid it might be. And it is my opinion that the fact that a lot of fans don't like him has little to do with his actual ability and performances but rather for non-football reasons (like his handwriting). And I don't think that a player will feel comfortable in a surrounding where he is always an easy target for the abuse of fans. And I do think that psychology plays a big part in player's performances.

:nufc: I forgot he dissed Renton when he asked for an autograph. Hell hath no fury like a groupie scorned!

:lol: Taking the piss when signing an autograph and pissing in the street are one thing, undermining Robson's authority which ultimately got him the sack and to the situation we are now in is quite another. Buy my main gripe with him is he's shit, end of story.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:nufc: I forgot he dissed Renton when he asked for an autograph. Hell hath no fury like a groupie scorned!

I still like Renton's stance that he couldn't read it, therefore it must have been an insult. :lol:

He never came up with a scan of the autograph. :razz:

I'll bring it to the next piss up you're at Isegrim!

I need to remmeber which match it was after first though. :nufc:

It's just in the rumours bit on True Faith - I saw it posted on NO. Apparently Spurs are interested.

Don't know what to think about it - if it's true, I think he's taking the piss after basically giving us almost a season at full fitness. But at the same time, he's been here a canny few years and we've got gradually shitter, so if he thinks he can move on somewhere better then that's fair enough (Spurs is somewhere better imo).

Getting £80k per week off the wage bill won't hurt either.

I still like him as a player, but think that it would be the best for both - player and club. He is too much a hate figure for a lot of fans to ever win them over. And for the club he is a luxury they cannot afford. And he hasn't given a fair return for his horrendous wages in the last couple of years. And at the age of 28 he isn't a prospect anymore, so to get at least a transfer fee in return wouldn't be too bad - if only he could get decently replaced, something I am not too optimistic about.

But watch him go to a club like Spurs and become a cracking player for a couple years...

Sorry, that bit about him being a hate figure is nonsense imo. In actual fact, he is one of the most over-rated players in the history of football imo, but if people did "hate" him, so what? Is that contributing to his poor overall play and chronic lack of goals?

I have no problem with people hating him. Everyone is entitled to his opinion, how stupid it might be. And it is my opinion that the fact that a lot of fans don't like him has little to do with his actual ability and performances but rather for non-football reasons (like his handwriting). And I don't think that a player will feel comfortable in a surrounding where he is always an easy target for the abuse of fans. And I do think that psychology plays a big part in player's performances.

:lol: Taking the piss when signing an autograph and pissing in the street are one thing, undermining Robson's authority which ultimately got him the sack and to the situation we are now in is quite another. Buy my main gripe with him is he's shit, end of story.

He does remind me a bit of Bramble in that respect, but his failings don't quite so noticeably and directly cost games (so he doesn't get the criticism of Bramble). I wouldn't go so far as to say he's shit though...... but I'd struggle to say what his best position was as his strengths in most positions are often nearly canceled out by his weaknesses.

Just a shame his game never completely filled out like it might have done, as if he lost his pace now, there wouldn't be a lot left and I can't see him adding startling new dimensions to his game at his age now.

I still like Renton's stance that he couldn't read it, therefore it must have been an insult. :lol:

He never came up with a scan of the autograph. :razz:

I'll bring it to the next piss up you're at Isegrim!

I need to remmeber which match it was after first though. :nufc:

Getting in the excuses early, eh. I'll be at the summer piss up. I am also very much trained in palaeography and deciphering any sorts of handwritings, so you should be warned...

If everyone was fit would he make our starting 11?

£80,000 a week for a squad player is ridiculous.

That's one of the best points raised. Personally I doubt it. I just don't see where he fits in as we end up really weak in the centre if he plays his prefered position of centre midfield. He does nothing to compliment our two best strikers and he doesn't like playing on the right so he usally will do well there for a while but then get pissed off and put in non displays like yesterday.

As a player I think we can easily afford to lose him but my only wory is that he is still one of the big players in our squad and I think this would send out some worrying signs to other players.

If everyone was fit would he make our starting 11?

£80,000 a week for a squad player is ridiculous.

That's one of the best points raised. Personally I doubt it. I just don't see where he fits in as we end up really weak in the centre if he plays his prefered position of centre midfield. He does nothing to compliment our two best strikers and he doesn't like playing on the right so he usally will do well there for a while but then get pissed off and put in non displays like yesterday.

As a player I think we can easily afford to lose him but my only wory is that he is still one of the big players in our squad and I think this would send out some worrying signs to other players.

That never bothered Alex Ferguson....

If we can get £5m for him and off the wage books I'd be delighted.

Well, I would play him in central midfield next to either of Butt, Parker or Emre as any of the other pairings are just too negative imho. So yes, he would be in my starting XI.

Same here, toss up between Dyer and Emre for me starting alongside Butt although Emre's recengt performances have been canny poor.

He'll not be going anywhere I don't think

- No one will have him

- He has a testimonial coming up

:lol::nufc: I'd love to see how many tickets would be sold for that.

Edited by ewerk

Well, I would play him in central midfield next to either of Butt, Parker or Emre as any of the other pairings are just too negative imho. So yes, he would be in my starting XI.

But don't you think we could pick up a far more productive player for a lot less wages?

Joey Barton, Giles Barnes, Yossi Benayoun etc could all come in and do a better job than Dyer in CM IMO, I bet all 3 of those would sign for less wages combined than Dyer is on at the moment.