Rumour has it Dyer has put in a transfer request

Gemmill

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I would play him in central midfield next to either of Butt, Parker or Emre as any of the other pairings are just too negative imho. So yes, he would be in my starting XI.

When he was playing there with Speed I would have agreed with you but it's a long time since he's put in anything like those kinds of performances. Now when he plays there he just seems to disapear. Emre puts in a much better shift even if he's been nearly as unproductive!

Wouldn't be gutted to see him go tbh.

As long as we got £5-6m, I think it would be a decent move.

Gutted if Zoggy goes though.

Tottaly agree, Dyer done well when he first got back from his injury but since then hes been rubbish but i don't understand why Zoggy would want to go hes got a decent future ahead of him with us and i don't think any of the top 6 clubs would have him so any sort of move away from newcastle would be meaning hes going downhill unless 1 of the top 6 pick him up.

If everyone was fit would he make our starting 11?

£80,000 a week for a squad player is ridiculous.

That's one of the best points raised. Personally I doubt it. I just don't see where he fits in as we end up really weak in the centre if he plays his prefered position of centre midfield. He does nothing to compliment our two best strikers and he doesn't like playing on the right so he usally will do well there for a while but then get pissed off and put in non displays like yesterday.

As a player I think we can easily afford to lose him but my only wory is that he is still one of the big players in our squad and I think this would send out some worrying signs to other players.

That never bothered Alex Ferguson....

If we can get £5m for him and off the wage books I'd be delighted.

Manure are always a much bigger draw to players due to fact that they regularly win trophies. We don't have that and players like Dyer handing in transfer requests could be seen as a signal of the direction we are headed!

Well, I would play him in central midfield next to either of Butt, Parker or Emre as any of the other pairings are just too negative imho. So yes, he would be in my starting XI.

But don't you think we could pick up a far more productive player for a lot less wages?

Joey Barton, Giles Barnes, Yossi Benayoun etc could all come in and do a better job than Dyer in CM IMO, I bet all 3 of those would sign for less wages combined than Dyer is on at the moment.

That's a totally different question. I think a lot of players of the current squad could easily get replaced by players who offer more value for money. Emre is also one of them btw. :lol:

I said on N-O I wouldn't be surprised if we don't try and swap him for SWP.

No way Jose would have him there.

Why not?

Don't forget he tried to swap SWP for Baros in January, I think Dyer would do well on the right in their 4-3-3 formation.

When he was playing there with Speed I would have agreed with you but it's a long time since he's put in anything like those kinds of performances. Now when he plays there he just seems to disapear. Emre puts in a much better shift even if he's been nearly as unproductive!

Well, I disagree. Emre looks a lot more committed which I suppose makes a lot people believe that he is doing well. But all he is doing well is winning balls from the opposition, the rest of his game is too often very poor. He sits too deep and therefore is neither offering the wingers nor the attackers options. He loses a hell of a lot games with his alleged good passing ability. He too rarely is looking for one on ones (though, this is good as he mostly loses possession). His set pieces would be unacceptable if was playing for a pub team.

Dyer might not be doing as much defensive work or doing it as good as Emre, but he offers a far more positive approach to our attacking game. Even if he was poor yesterday, he was the only one who really offered other players an option to receive passes. The problem was that he tried to fill the huge gap between the two defensive midfielders and the strikers and therefore neglected his duties on the wing.

As I said to Baggio, I would be happy to replace him with another creative attacking midfielder who offers more for less wages. But as long as that isn't the case, he seems to be the only one who is able to make things going from the centre of the park. And this isn't really supposed to highlight Dyer's abilities, but rather the inabilities from our current squad tbh.

Dyer might not be doing as much defensive work or doing it as good as Emre, but he offers a far more positive approach to our attacking game. Even if he was poor yesterday, he was the only one who really offered other players an option to receive passes. The problem was that he tried to fill the huge gap between the two defensive midfielders and the strikers and therefore neglected his duties on the wing.

Dyer only looks positive going forward when he's either paying up top or coming off the bench when the opposition is tired, when he's played in midfield or on the wing this season he really does go missing from games far too often.

Dyer only looks positive going forward when he's either paying up top or coming off the bench when the opposition is tired, when he's played in midfield or on the wing this season he really does go missing from games far too often.

Well, I'm not denying this. Apart from Butt, Milner and to a certain degree Martins most of our players haven't looked up for it though. Dyer's approach to the game has still been far more optimistic than of most other central midfield players. And therefore I would play him there. As I said above, it's more down to the awful alternatives. The pairings of Emre/Butt, Butt/Parker and especially Parker/Emre have just been totally abysmal and looked as productive as bunch of lazy Italians on strike.

Well, I'm not denying this. Apart from Butt, Milner and to a certain degree Martins most of our players haven't looked up for it though. Dyer's approach to the game has still been far more optimistic than of most other central midfield players. And therefore I would play him there. As I said above, it's more down to the awful alternatives. The pairings of Emre/Butt, Butt/Parker and especially Parker/Emre have just been totally abysmal and looked as productive as bunch of lazy Italians on strike.

Emre and Butt have hardly been abysmal together, in fact when they have played together we've looked much better as a team than any other combination we've played in there this season.

Emre and Butt have hardly been abysmal together, in fact when they have played together we've looked much better as a team than any other combination we've played in there this season.

Ok, abysmal is a bit too harsh. From those three alternatives it has been clearly the best. It is still too negative for my liking as long as Emre isn't played in a more forward position.

And you shouldn't forget that Emre is a dirty little thug who I don't want to see in a Newcastle shirt anyway. :lol:

Can't say I'd be disappointed to see him go as personally apart from pace I don't think he offers anything to the team, and his pace appears to be on the wane as well.

They had a spell of about 3 games that they looked like creating a decent partnership but for me after that they have not looked any better than any other partnership we have seen this season.

Creativity wise with the exception of Milner, though most of his assists in the first half of the season came from his one cross out of 15 that wasn't played out of the park, has been utter shite going forward all season.

Are the toys coming out of the pram because he's being told to play on the right? Diddums, Kieron you big bairn.

I wouldn't mind seeing him and Titus off-loaded in the summer, they represent a lot of the bad stuff around the club the last few years. Time for a clean break.

Have to agree with that aswell - plays within himself too often - part of the can't be bothered cos i'm a superstar and bigger than this club group of players which need to be fukd off as soon as possible.

Two years and he'll be in the championship playing for ipswich again.