Sib disappointed with Terry

Scottish Mag

Antoine Sibierski has hit out at John Terry following Newcastle's draw with Chelsea on Sunday.

Newcastle dealt a blow to Chelsea's title aspirations when holding The Blues to a 0-0 draw on Tyneside.

The Magpies fought for every ball at St James' Park and Sibierski and Terry were involved in a number of tussles at both ends of the pitch.

On one occasion Terry felt he had been impeded in the area by Sibierski and made his feelings known to referee Mark Halsey.

Sibierski has admitted he was surprised to see Terry complain so strongly, but believes it was borne out of frustration.

"I was surprised John Terry was complaining because he is English," Sibierski told the Evening Chronicle.

"I didn't touch him, or if I did it was no more than he touched me. We have to compete for every ball.

"But they felt the game was going against them because we were playing very well.

"We frustrated them. They were very disappointed, as they needed three points to have a chance of winning the title.

"They were worried at the end, and it was a good feeling for us."

Guest Patrokles

Sib was all over him to be fair. Happened in both areas between a lot of players. It's about time refs started awarding penalties rather than bottling it every time.

Six of one, half-dozen of the other, to be honest.

Did you see Terry having a go at Solano? Proper tough guy like.

And we know why he had a go at Nobby don't we, similar character traits to Gemmill is why.

Did you see Terry having a go at Solano? Proper tough guy like.

And we know why he had a go at Nobby don't we, similar character traits to Gemmill is why.

I was thinking the same actually.

Sib was all over him to be fair. Happened in both areas between a lot of players. It's about time refs started awarding penalties rather than bottling it every time.

Six of one, half-dozen of the other, to be honest.

Always a freekick rather than a penalty though.