Forum victims

Renton

Steve, can you shed some light on the Lou situation?

BUMP

I just assumed she lost interest what with being at uni and stuff (strange as she was at uni in Newcastle last I knew). I remember Gemmill (surprise surprise :D ) taking the piss out of her unicycling or whatever but I wouldn't call that bullying.

I don't think we've ever had an actual case of bullying tbh. Bullying for me implies that someone is picked on with malicious intent through no fault of their own. Of all the people mentioned in this thread, it's either light hearted banter (eg The Fish), someone who clearly thinks too much of themselves being taken down a peg or two (eg Patrokles) or someone who clearly revels in the attention of the abuse they recieve and deliberately provoke insults (eg Medina).

I think Medina is the closest we've come to bullying anyone but as I say, he clearly got a kick out off getting people to abuse him.

... but neither you, nor your little gang have ever succeeded in doing so, to be fair. You've generally just succeeded in coming across as miserable little bitchboys. You also make the mistake of not being able to take a joke/ recognise self-parody. Personally, too, I feel that because I post the froum equivalent of joined-up writing whilst some of you are scrawling on the backs of fag packets with crayons, there's this 'oh, he thinks he's BETTER THAN US' vibe going down. Interestingly, whenever I am serious, it's generally for just the reason you ascribe to me- ie, ewerk's correcting of someone else whilst at the same time making a very basic error, himself.

The handbags are out now... :lol:

stingray-leather-hobo-handbag.jpg

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUMP

I just assumed she lost interest what with being at uni and stuff (strange as she was at uni in Newcastle last I knew). I remember Gemmill (surprise surprise :D ) taking the piss out of her unicycling or whatever but I wouldn't call that bullying.

I don't think we've ever had an actual case of bullying tbh. Bullying for me implies that someone is picked on with malicious intent through no fault of their own. Of all the people mentioned in this thread, it's either light hearted banter (eg The Fish), someone who clearly thinks too much of themselves being taken down a peg or two (eg Patrokles) or someone who clearly revels in the attention of the abuse they recieve and deliberately provoke insults (eg Medina).

I think Medina is the closest we've come to bullying anyone but as I say, he clearly got a kick out off getting people to abuse him.

... but neither you, nor your little gang have ever succeeded in doing so, to be fair. You've generally just succeeded in coming across as miserable little bitchboys. You also make the mistake of not being able to take a joke/ recognise self-parody. Personally, too, I feel that because I post the froum equivalent of joined-up writing whilst some of you are scrawling on the backs of fag packets with crayons, there's this 'oh, he thinks he's BETTER THAN US' vibe going down. Interestingly, whenever I am serious, it's generally for just the reason you ascribe to me- ie, ewerk's correcting of someone else whilst at the same time making a very basic error, himself.

You mean me, don't you? :lol:

Personally I see you as more a finger paints and butcher paper type of writer :lol:

BUMP

Personally I see you as more a finger paints and butcher paper type of writer :lol:

:D Nicest thing you've ever said to me tbh.

Personally I see you as more a finger paints and butcher paper type of writer :D

:lol: Nicest thing you've ever said to me tbh.

Even the sun shines on a dog's arse occasionally.

Guest Patrokles

BUMP

The handbags are out now... :lol:

I was just defending myself quite reasonably!

BUMP

I just assumed she lost interest what with being at uni and stuff (strange as she was at uni in Newcastle last I knew). I remember Gemmill (surprise surprise :lol: ) taking the piss out of her unicycling or whatever but I wouldn't call that bullying.

Nah, I actually think Luke's appraisal was spot on. His definition of 'bullying' was correct and he used the perfect case studies to illustrate the point he was making. When you get grief it's definitely for the reasons mentioned.

The only thing I'd add is that I think there has to be a bit of age-specific subjectivity to it, but in the main I'd agree, I don't think there has been any genuine 'bullying' on here at all.

:D Nicest thing you've ever said to me tbh.

Even the sun shines on a dog's arse occasionally.

:D You beeyatch!

By the way, Lou never got bullied. I took the piss out of her for befriending street entertainers, buying a unicycle, and generally being BEYOND wacky. But Steve's "it's a disgrace what happened to her on here" is way OTT. Unless The Fish violated her, in which case he's understating things.

By the way, Lou never got bullied. I took the piss out of her for befriending street entertainers, buying a unicycle, and generally being BEYOND wacky. But Steve's "it's a disgrace what happened to her on here" is way OTT. Unless The Fish violated her, in which case he's understating things.

Anyone whom The Fish has violated instantly needs labeling as a victim, surely there must be some kind of support group for this kind of thing? :lol:

You and alex were really pretty nasty to her at times like! :lol:

You and alex were really pretty nasty to her at times like! :D

Nasty? It was just pisstaking tbh. She bought a unicycle ffs. :lol: Anyway, I still think the "it's a disgrace what happened to her" line was OTT. It's the internet.

Nasty? It was just pisstaking tbh. She bought a unicycle ffs. :lol: Anyway, I still think the "it's a disgrace what happened to her" line was OTT. It's the internet.

It was pisstaking to you two, aye! She obviously felt more than a little put out by it because she left.

It was pisstaking to you two, aye! She obviously felt more than a little put out by it because she left.

Cath has turned whistleblower! :lol:

An idealistic young nurse who just felt enough was enough......

I didn't realise she'd left cos she felt she was having the piss taken. I just had an image of her disappearing over the horizon on her unicycle.....with a comedy crashing noise as she finally disappears out of sight. A-be-dehh a-be-dehh a-be-dehhh, that's all folks!