"Sack the Board"?

Happy Face

As I walked past St James' reception after yesterdays match I was struck by the huge throng of people but the complete lack of dissent.

OK so we never lost, but after our capitulations this season there's been bile and vitriol poured forth onto Shepherd. Many times I've seen a gathering of slopey foreheaded, backwards, zinc deficient kids stood at the steps chanting "sack the board" and the 'another fine mess' T-shirts have been getting more and more popular, but the entire bandwagon falls apart completely every time the players performance level lifts beyond passable.

Either you want Shepherd out at any cost and you should be letting him know it at EVERY game, good or bad; or you're (if not happy) satisfied with his performance and willing to maintain the current situation because there's really no better alternative being offered at the moment (indifference puts you in the latter group). The inconsisteny of the message being delivered, only when we're at our lowest ebb is getting embarrassing. It's fickle to a degree I wouldn't expect from the shittest of fans.

As I walked past St James' reception after yesterdays match I was struck by the huge throng of people but the complete lack of dissent.

OK so we never lost, but after our capitulations this season there's been bile and vitriol poured forth onto Shepherd. Many times I've seen a gathering of slopey foreheaded, backwards, zinc deficient kids stood at the steps chanting "sack the board" and the 'another fine mess' T-shirts have been getting more and more popular, but the entire bandwagon falls apart completely every time the players performance level lifts beyond passable.

Either you want Shepherd out at any cost and you should be letting him know it at EVERY game, good or bad; or you're (if not happy) satisfied with his performance and willing to maintain the current situation because there's really no better alternative being offered at the moment (indifference puts you in the latter group). The inconsisteny of the message being delivered, only when we're at our lowest ebb is getting embarrassing. It's fickle to a degree I wouldn't expect from the shittest of fans.

I think there are alot of people who probably feel exactly the same way but feel like they'll be shouted down if they start a chant after a 0-0 against the champions.

If we want anything to be done a properly organised group needs to be set up, one that isn't ran by the Toon Ultra's or HTT.

Edited by Skol

These are the same fans that chant 'sack the board' and then hide in their hole at the first sign of a trophy signing. It's no great mystery as to why no real protest ever amounts, Freddy has got the majority wrapped round his fat 'little' finger.

I think there are alot of people who probably feel exactly the same way but feel like they'll be shouted down if they start a chant after a 0-0 against the champions.

If we want anything to be done a properly organised group needs to be set up, one that isn't ran by the Toon Ultra's or HTT.

A few years ago we wouldn't have regarded a home draw with Chelsea as a good result. We might not have their money but with a decent Chairman and management we should have been somewhere up there.