Chopra - £4m

Gemmill

According to one of the papers this morning, Man City and Everton are sniffing around him for £4m. Now I think they'd be making a mistake, but it's just typical Newcastle to lose someone one year and him have a £4m pricetag less than a year later. :lol:

No doubt we'll be buying him back for £10m+ in three or four years!

I haven't seen much of him this season but I have been impressed by the variety of goals he's scored as well as the quantity. I always expected him to knock them in from within the six yard box but I was surprised to see him hitting free kicks in too!

He was always a lad that everybody wanted to do well but i don't know if he got a fair crack of the whip - none of the management rated him enough to make him first choice but you never know - the doylies we've had in charge i wouldn't be surprised if he came to the premiership and got a shedload

I wouldn't put it past Roeder to make a bid for him. :razz:

:D You know, I was thinking along those lines myself.

He might have a clause in his contract that allows him to talk to us.

A thread about Chopra, and nobody has mentioned how Ameobi was given more of a chance?

People mention it because its true, whether you rate him or not, and i didn't think he'd make it myself.

The fact is though, if the people who run this club knew what they were doing, when he still had a couple of years or more on his contract they have loaned him for a year to a championship side (instead of him festering away in the reserves and warming the bench), then if he bangs in a shitload we can sell him for decent fee as people will want him.

A thread about Chopra, and nobody has mentioned how Ameobi was given more of a chance?

People mention it because its true, whether you rate him or not, and i didn't think he'd make it myself.

The fact is though, if the people who run this club knew what they were doing, when he still had a couple of years or more on his contract they have loaned him for a year to a championship side (instead of him festering away in the reserves and warming the bench), then if he bangs in a shitload we can sell him for decent fee as people will want him.

Erm, he did go out on loan, didn't he? :D

With the Ameobi/Chopra thing it's not even a case of positive discrimination either as surely due to the lack of Asians in the Premiership then Chopra would have been the one positively discriminated for.

Shola is a light year ahead of Chopra as a footballer at any level. Chopra probably strikes the ball better but I dont think he has the physical attributes or the pace to do much at premiership level. Thats not to say Shola is a world beater but he is a decent premiership player.

With the Ameobi/Chopra thing it's not even a case of positive discrimination either as surely due to the lack of Asians in the Premiership then Chopra would have been the one positively discriminated for.

Whoever said it was? Just because Shola's black you think that could be a reason why he was picked over Chopra?

I know he went for a while, but not a whole year unless i've remembered wrong! I think if he'd had a whole season and reached the kind of goals tally he has at Cardiff then we could have been looking at a decent fee for him as people will always take a gamble on goalscorers, even if they've done it at a lower level.

Whoever said it was? Just because Shola's black you think that could be a reason why he was picked over Chopra?

Do you really think I was being serious? :D

Do you really think I was being serious? :rolleyes:

I take it back if you were joking, but it didn't sound like it tbf.

Do you really think I was being serious? :rolleyes:

I take it back if you were joking, but it didn't sound like it tbf.

I left out the safety smiley on purpose and you were the first person to be reeled in by it. :)