Bramble has shown us what he can do

Scottish Mag

Whether Titus Bramble stays at Newcastle United next season remains to be seen.

But I have to say I was mightily impressed by young Bramble's performance against Chelsea, when he showed he can mix it with some of the best strikers in the Premiership in Ivory Coast duo Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou and Andriy Shevchenko.

Titus certainly showed he can handle them and, alongside Steven Taylor, he showed the partnership can work.

The Tractor Boy defender has come in from the cold after playing well in the reserves.

His contract is up at the end of the season and, whether he stays or he goes, he needs to do well in the last three games now.

If he is in the shop window or if he wants a new contract - he must perform.

I have always backed Titus, and if he does things simply he does well.

Some of the long, raking balls he looks to play can sometimes end up out of play, but that is where he needs help from the midfield to come and take the ball off him.

Even when I played, Terry Hibbitt or Jinky Jim Smith would drop back and take a pass to drive through the midfield, and maybe Nicky Butt or Scott Parker could do something similar.

It's really up to Bramble where his career goes from here.

But if he can show the same level of performance in the last three games I think his career can still fulfil the potential we all thought was there when he first arrived at Newcastle.

Aside from the defence against Chelsea, I was happy with the performance.

I have lost sight of whether Newcastle can get into Europe and just wanted to see a good game.

Chelsea went out to win and United stopped them. The least United can do now is give a similar performance in each of the final three games.

But I have to say I was mightily impressed by young Bramble's performance against Chelsea

I realise he's not exactly Paolo Maldini, but "young" is pushing it even for a central defender. It's like the Ameobi "potential" thing.

Trouble is, we have seen him many times before have these sort of games, yet he seems to be forever on the verge and never actually getting there.

As Moore and Gooch are also both leaving, we're gonna be awfully short at the back this summer. I would offer Bramble a short term, reduced wages contract as a squad player if we got in a manager with some decent coaches in the summer.

The only problems with this masterplan are a)that won't happen and b ) he wouldn't accept it.

Other than that it's foolproof. :lol:

One good game and people want him to be given a contract? Fuck off

Well the way it stands we're going to have one central defender (Taylor) left at the end of the season. Can we really afford to bring in three centre backs, a right back, a left back, and another striker? And we also seem to be crying out for some creativity in centre midfield. In an ideal world Bramble should be shown the door, but this isn't an ideal world.

As Moore and Gooch are also both leaving, we're gonna be awfully short at the back this summer. I would offer Bramble a short term, reduced wages contract as a squad player if we got in a manager with some decent coaches in the summer.

The only problems with this masterplan are a)that won't happen and b ) he wouldn't accept it.

Other than that it's foolproof. :D

Interesting point you've raised there, with Moore, Gooch and Bramble leaving in the summer and Roeder saying Huntington and Edgar are going out on loan next season, who are we going to be left with?

Taylor and Ramage? :lol:

He's shown time and time again that he will play a few good games and then just go back to the same shite again.

Get rid and start again or we will just continue with the same shite.

We need two new centrebacks if he goes and two if he stays. In fact if all three of them stay we still need two as none of them are anywhere near good enough.

Even if we sign two centre halfs, the thought of picking up a couple of injuries and seeing Peter "Sam Dingle" Ramage coming in at centre half is a scary thought. Would much rather have Bramble.

Tbh if we are going to blow all our money on Davies and Ferdinand we are fucked anyway...

Even if we sign two centre halfs, the thought of picking up a couple of injuries and seeing Peter "Sam Dingle" Ramage coming in at centre half is a scary thought. Would much rather have Bramble.

Tbh if we are going to blow all our money on Davies and Ferdinand we are fucked anyway...

Curtis Davies is a good player although we could do with someone with more experience being brought in to bring him and Taylor along, stupid of Roeder to rule out Distin on a free IMO.

Told him he was a ledge last night. He was with some blonde lass, she was sitting on his knee, he was just not intrested at all and texting someone.

Don't be offended Mark. I imagine talking to Bramble is like trying to have a conversation with someone who's in a coma.

The asshole obviously thinks he's done something worth celebrating on Sunday. Can't think why this club under-achieves with employees like this.

He'd have been out on the razz if we'd lost 5-0 tbh. Your point still stands though.

Told him he was a ledge last night. He was with some blonde lass, she was sitting on his knee, he was just not intrested at all and texting someone.

Don't be offended Mark. I imagine talking to Bramble is like trying to have a conversation with someone who's in a coma.

I reckon you'd need flash cards for when he kept losing concentration.

We should have defibrillators on hand at the match, and every time it looks like he's doing his usual and losing concentration, Derek Wright should run on, stick them on either side of his head, and fire a charge through his brain, bringing him back to the land of the living.

"CLEAR! *VOOMF*"

Edited by Gemmill

He has actually only ever looked good when he does something instinctive. It's like he was born with a gift, and his brain has been doing everything it can to fuck it up since

If he had Nobby's footballing brain he'd be world class :lol: You're right like. When he has time to think about things.....

Edited by alex