Going Retro For Tea Tonight...

Tooj

Cod tastes nowt like tuna for example.

Yet tuna does taste similar to swordfish!

And shark.

Not really. Shark is disgusting.

Depends on the species or quality of the fish I guess. I had barbequed shark in the US of A years ago and it was very similar to a tuna steak or swordfish. I was 'pleasantly surprised'. I've heard other people who've had it here and said it was a bit rubbery though.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And shark.

Depends on the species or quality of the fish I guess. I had barbequed shark in the US of A years ago and it was very similar to a tuna steak or swordfish. I was 'pleasantly surprised'. I've heard other people who've had it here and said it was a bit rubbery though.

There's a special word for vegetarians who'll only eat fish: hypocrite. [/Jimmy Carr] :D

And shark.

There's a special word for vegetarians who'll only eat fish: hypocrite. [/Jimmy Carr] :D

I've only been veggie for 12 years. This was before that. Pescetarians do my head in though. Hypocrites indeed. PS: No one tell HTT :razz:

Nowt wrong with only eating fish imo, how doe it make you a hypocrite? Depends on your motive I suppose.

Well, if you're veggie for moral reasons rather than health reasons I think it makes you a hypocrite. In fact, if you eat fish, you aren't a vegetarian.

Edited by alex

Nowt wrong with only eating fish imo, how doe it make you a hypocrite? Depends on your motive I suppose.

Well, if you're veggie for moral reasons rather than health reasons I think it makes you a hypocrite. In fact, if you eat fish, you aren't a vegetarian.

Agree in a way, but what about people who only eat animals that have lived "free" lives? Is there not a moral case against animal farming, specifically? Agree completely they're not true veggies though.

Agree in a way, but what about people who only eat animals that have lived "free" lives? Is there not a moral case against animal farming, specifically? Agree completely they're not true veggies though.

I actually don't have a problem with people eating animals. I think people who have the financial ability to do so should eat animals that have been brought up in a humane way. It seems as though this stuff (organically raised pigs, poultry etc.) tastes better too. I'm more concerned about animals being looked after when they're alive than whether or not individuals eat meat.

What's a fish farm then?

What's a fish farm then?

A lot of demivegs/pescetarians/whatever won't eat farmed fish.

Actually, it's amazing how much food in this country has come on in reflection. I mean, clearly people on this thread are only joking about eating this shit, right?

eerrr no :D

Actually, it's amazing how much food in this country has come on in reflection. I mean, clearly people on this thread are only joking about eating this shit, right?

eerrr no :D

:razz:

I actually had chicken burgers for tea last night. In actual fact I did vomit them too, but I think I might have a bug.

My chicken burgers consist of breadcrumbed chicken breast rather than pre-packaged chicken burgers - you just know you're getting eyelids in the pre-packaged ones. :D

I actually had chicken burgers for tea last night. In actual fact I did vomit them too, but I think I might have a bug.

My chicken burgers consist of breadcrumbed chicken breast rather than pre-packaged chicken burgers - you just know you're getting eyelids in the pre-packaged ones. :razz:

Not in the Birds eye ones......

:D

This thread should be re-named "tramps tea's". Fucking peasant's the lot of you. I was brought up in a single parent family in the 'hood' and i wasn't even eating some of the shit mentioned on here.

The parents of some of the members on here should have never been allowed to have kids tbh :D

You're so sickly btw Renton. You've always got the shits, a cold, or a bug of some description. Man up ffs.

Sick of being sick. I'm working from home today hoping I clear up for the weekend because I'm off to the lakes. I seriously need to get fit like.