Going Retro For Tea Tonight...

Tooj

You're so sickly btw Renton. You've always got the shits, a cold, or a bug of some description. Man up ffs.

Sick of being sick. I'm working from home today hoping I clear up for the weekend because I'm off to the lakes. I seriously need to get fit like.

If you're still sick at the next home game, I'll beat it out of you. You'll be so shit scared of being ill that your immune system will be in overdrive.

I'm canny lucky cos I've got an almost superhuman immune system. :D

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it's amazing how much food in this country has come on in reflection. I mean, clearly people on this thread are only joking about eating this shit, right?

Ignoring that last bit, things really have improved though. I don't accept any shit from foreigners about the quality of British cuisine these days. Well, except possibly from the French. And the Italians... and the Greeks. But you get the point. I mean, my mother comes from a backwater in rural Sweden where they've only just discovered immigrants and curry powder, and even she was shocked when she moved over here in the 60s and struggled to find herbs and things like that.

You're so sickly btw Renton. You've always got the shits, a cold, or a bug of some description. Man up ffs.

Sick of being sick. I'm working from home today hoping I clear up for the weekend because I'm off to the lakes. I seriously need to get fit like.

If you're still sick at the next home game, I'll beat it out of you. You'll be so shit scared of being ill that your immune system will be in overdrive.

I'm canny lucky cos I've got an almost superhuman immune system. :D

Says the man who can only manage one Magners before passing out. You're always off with colds too iirc.

Indian/Sub-continent food tends to be pretty bland when I've had that abroad (I haven't been to India mind) but the stuff you get in the UK is lush.

I'm canny lucky cos I've got an almost superhuman immune system. :o

Says the man who can only manage one Magners before passing out. You're always off with colds too iirc.

I basically NEVER get colds, minge-face! You shouldn't make the mistake of assuming that I take sick days when I'm sick. :D

On the alcohol issue, I've conceded that it is like Kryptonite to me - only in the sense that it makes me ill though. I don't end up pie-eyed after a few pints of Stella in the same way that you do! :razz:

Indian/Sub-continent food tends to be pretty bland when I've had that abroad (I haven't been to India mind) but the stuff you get in the UK is lush.

Agree. True with Chinese food too.

Holywood has the best Chinese restaurant I've ever been to. It's only 20 mins on the train from where you were staying in Belfast (and meat eaters agree btw). Bit late telling you now like :D

Edited by alex

Worst food I ever had was Ethiopian in Washington DC. Found chewing gum in the bread ffs.

:D Ethiopian? :razz:

Aye, loads in Washington for some reason. I went to the Red Panda opposite your place btw and it was pretty good.

Worst food I ever had was Ethiopian in Washington DC. Found chewing gum in the bread ffs.

:D Ethiopian? :o

Aye, loads in Washington for some reason. I went to the Red Panda opposite your place btw and it was pretty good.

Aye, it's canny. The Water Margin in Holywood though man. Absolutely lush. There's a curry place next door to that too which is really nice and both are 5 yards away from my local over here which does the nicest Guiness imaginable. Absolute nightmare! :razz: Luckily I've been keeping quite fit lately otherwise I'd be like a barrel.

Ethiopians would kill for a lump of bread and you're complaining because yours had chewing gum in. Fucking disgrace. Just be thankful you didn't have flies all over your face while you ate it.

Took me years to find a half-competent Chinese place in Germany, they generally serve every single dish with the same slightly gloopy sauce regardless of what you order. Indian seems to be something of a delicacy over there, probably because there isn't the same population base so it's not as widespread - I suppose the equivalent to a curry on your night out is a Turkish kebab and chips - so you can get some really nice dishes but it costs a bit more and you don't get the same "pile it high and shovel it in" mentality as you do here. Which is a shame, really. :D

Ethiopians would kill for a lump of bread and you're complaining because yours had chewing gum in. Fucking disgrace. Just be thankful you didn't have flies all over your face while you ate it.

Aye, well, maybe they should have been grateful I was paying them 5 years wages for their chewing gum-ridden bread. Fuckers even wanted a tip too.

I thought you'd be on my side here like Gem.

Btw, Arami in Newcastle on Leazes Park Road iirc - opposite the clerb on the way up to the ground off Percy street is very nice. It's quite an upmarket Bangledeshi place and the dishes are a bit different to your normal curry house. Not expensive either.

Aye, well, maybe they should have been grateful I was paying them 5 years wages for their chewing gum-ridden bread. Fuckers even wanted a tip too.

I thought you'd be on my side here like Gem.

Nah, theres no flies on Gem tbf.

Doesn't look that bad tbh Laz :razz:

http://www.seaford.co.uk/

:D I nearly moved there about 14 years ago ...my ex was in the East Sussex police force and I was flat hunting down there in the October being a proper geordie and wearing a t shirt as it was so warm ....the locals were aghast....tsk Southerners :o

Nobody's mentioned ANGEL DELIGHT yet. An oxymoronic bit of food labelling if ever there was.

The butterscotch flavour was lush, in fact I might have to go buy some now...