Ebay fraud

Smooth Operator

Anyone had any bother on ebay?

Bought a dvd for the bairn, sent a postal order as requested back in March, was hoping to get it in time for Easter.

Nothing has come through, last message says they posted it on Friday so surely if that was true it would have arrived by now?

Anyone got any similar stories? How did you resolve it?

The only problems I've had have been with people buying stuff from me and not paying, but I know of people that have had the same problem as you and each time eBay/Paypal have sorted it out and refunded, make sure any contact is done via eBay so they can fully investigate.

Only had a couple of people not pay up, but that's been settled easily enough. Never had any trouble buying, even potentially dodgy stuff like an old iPod Shuffle from the States a while back.

I had one a while ago where I bought something for a friend who didn't have an ebay account or a cheque book (cheque payment required, he gave me the cash). Sent off a cheque for the correct account to the address given and checked internet banking a few days later to see it had been cashed. Seller's feedback was 100% btw.

The seller then opened a dispute against me for non-payment which I responded to pointing out he'd banked the cheque, and then I opened a dispute as I hadn't received the item.

Never heard anything for a while then had a message firstly to say the seller's computer had blown up so I replied saying that was a load of shit (by this stage lots of negative feedback comments were being received so I knew something was up). Then after another delay I had a message from the seller to say he had been in hospital but that the item had been posted that day. Checked with my mate and a week after that nothing had been received so I went back on to continue the dispute, only to find I had received a strike against my name for non-payment.

I responded to the dispute though and sent ebay a copy of the cheque I'd sent and ended up getting a refund from ebay (only the price though not delivery fees etc which didn't bother me as it wasn't actually my money) and the seller was struck off as he'd obviously done the same thing to loads of people.

Being a trainee lawyer I would've considered a civil claim but it was only around £80 so wouldn't have been worth the costs.

Have you asked the seller for proof of posting? If you don't receive anything lodge a dispute on ebay saying you haven't received it - they do want full info so might be difficult with it being a postal order, but it might encourage the seller to get their arse in gear if it's a genuine error.

Edited by alreetlike

I had bother once with some twat who sent me an ipod dock which an ipod wouldn't even fit in, and which was basically despatched with a travel kettle cord to charge the ipod.

Tried to get in touch with him to tell him it didn't work, and he wrote back telling me that I probably couldn't read the instructions (there were none), and that I was too stupid to use it. :D

Fucking slated him in the feedback. He then wrote a load of lies in mine. I haven't really bothered with ebay since.

ebay are bastards tbh - loads of fake dvds especially.

i'm currently in a dispute with a seller as i bought an item and he said he accepted paypal but when i went to paypal it said it wouldnt accept my payment and to go to another site where i would be able to pay through paypal.

ive all but told this bloke to fuck off as i'm only gonna pay for stuff through www.paypal.com

i also hate the feedback system - sellers should be forced to leave feedback as soon as they have posted your item. as the buyer i do not leave feedback until the seller has left theirs first.

ive a feedback count of 89 at the mo and if all the sellers gave me their feedback it would be over a ton.

i'm currently in a dispute with a seller as i bought an item and he said he accepted paypal but when i went to paypal it said it wouldnt accept my payment and to go to another site where i would be able to pay through paypal.

ive all but told this bloke to fuck off as i'm only gonna pay for stuff through www.paypal.com

i also hate the feedback system - sellers should be forced to leave feedback as soon as they have posted your item. as the buyer i do not leave feedback until the seller has left theirs first.

ive a feedback count of 89 at the mo and if all the sellers gave me their feedback it would be over a ton.

Dropped that bollock a couple of times, bought stuff then went to pay for it only to discover they don't have a paypal account, amateurs tbh :D

Dropped that bollock a couple of times, bought stuff then went to pay for it only to discover they don't have a paypal account, amateurs tbh :D

this bloke did accept paypal though - his personal website had some sort of paypal checkout system.

My mate spent like £160 on a PSP that never arrived,

I told him just to get a Uk on and py full price but did he listen :rolleyes:

Same thing happened to me. Turns out it was Royal Mail's fault though as they have delivered it to the wrong address. The seller doesn't seem too arsed about claiming from Royal Mail has he already has my money, so I'm having to fill the form out myself, the best I can.

Bought a few DVDs that were snide, despite being advertised as the real thing. But they were cheap enough and played well so I wasn't too bothered. Other than that, no bother at all. Although I get the odd e-mail claiming to be from Ebay...

Bought a few DVDs that were snide, despite being advertised as the real thing. But they were cheap enough and played well so I wasn't too bothered. Other than that, no bother at all. Although I get the odd e-mail claiming to be from Ebay...

Loving that sig, Chris. :rolleyes: