Pompey plan new stadium

Super_Steve_Howey

Did the club issue any mock-ups for what our place would look like after the proposed expansion btw? Any links? (ps..not the photoshopped ones..wondered if the club had put anything out??)

I've lived in Pompey and I know the spot they're talking about - referred to as 'The Hard'.

It's currently part of the harbour and where HMS Warrior is permanently stationed.

From a transportation point of view, it's not bad as Portsmouth Harbour station is right next door plus there's the Gosport Ferry which docks right next door too so I imagine many will park over in Gosport and get the ferry across.

Gonna be a nightmare in terms of parking in Portsmouth though, and I'd hate to even consider how much it'll cost them to make an area that is currently under several feet of water fit for a stadium that size to fit on. :D

btw those Pompey proposals look wicked. Anything that promotes individuality in new stadium design in the UK. Applaud any moves away from the cellnet identikit approach.

btw those Pompey proposals look wicked. Anything that promotes individuality in new stadium design in the UK. Applaud any moves away from the cellnet identikit approach.

Echo the sentiments, but can't say it's a particularly nice looking building.

Looks a bit weird doesn't it having one corner slightly higher than the rest?

Looks like it's got and inner and outer roof too? :D

A few were on the official site but none of them them were of the expansion of the stadium.

010278316948400ax7.jpg

010278316948600ue9.jpg

010278316948700se7.jpg

I'd hate to even consider how much it'll cost them to make an area that is currently under several feet of water fit for a stadium that size to fit on. :D

They did it in Belfast for the Odyssey arena at a reasonable cost as far as I know.

But for a project with a 36,000 stadium to cost £600m they're gonna have to sell a hell of a lot of houses.

I've lived in Pompey and I know the spot they're talking about - referred to as 'The Hard'.

It's currently part of the harbour and where HMS Warrior is permanently stationed.

From a transportation point of view, it's not bad as Portsmouth Harbour station is right next door plus there's the Gosport Ferry which docks right next door too so I imagine many will park over in Gosport and get the ferry across.

Gonna be a nightmare in terms of parking in Portsmouth though, and I'd hate to even consider how much it'll cost them to make an area that is currently under several feet of water fit for a stadium that size to fit on. :D

I recently heard that they were talking about closing the Gosport Ferry. Good to see that will be running.

Other than that, maybe this stadium will attract visitors attention away from the Spinnaker Tower.

I recently heard that they were talking about closing the Gosport Ferry. Good to see that will be running.

Other than that, maybe this stadium will attract visitors attention away from the Spinnaker Tower.

They'd be fucking crackers to do that - the congestion on the island is bad enough at the moment without all those who come from Gosport coming round the penisula as well!

When I was living there, they had ambitious plans to build a tram system that ran from Fareham to Gosport and then dived under the harbour and re-appeared on the Portsmouth side but these ended up being shelled on the basis that Portsmouth Harbour is so deep in the middle to account for the ships, it was going to cost a fortune.