Well it's one way of promoting your book...

Meenzer

I'd go to the NY reading just to hear the David Byrne conversation.

Did you know when in college his girlfriend at the time was a performance artist whose big break came in the form of an exhibition of polariods she had taken of her vagina.

Also, if the book is as interesting as those stream-of-consciousness ramblings, I'll pass, ta.

I liked it ..

So did I in its quirky little way.

Guest Patrokles

I'm not saying it wasn't an interesting way of promoting the book or a bit cute, but then you have to think 'this woman has written a book of short stories, rather than a column in heat.'

I'm not saying it wasn't an interesting way of promoting the book or a bit cute, but then you have to think 'this woman has written a book of short stories, rather than a column in heat.'

Do you read Heat like? :rolleyes:

Guest Patrokles

Do you read Heat like? :rolleyes:

It's brilliant.

On the BBC News last week they showed this building in Johannesburg where a load of refugees from Zimbabwe had gathered. They all looked absolutely wrecked and were manky, some crying from their ordeals. The camera panned around the room, and there's one of the male refugees lying on the floor exhausted.......reading a copy of Heat. :rolleyes: I'm not lying.

On the BBC News last week they showed this building in Johannesburg where a load of refugees from Zimbabwe had gathered. They all looked absolutely wrecked and were manky, some crying from their ordeals. The camera panned around the room, and there's one of the male refugees lying on the floor exhausted.......reading a copy of Heat. :rolleyes: I'm not lying.

:):razz::D Turns to his mate and goes: "I see Michelle McManus has put on two stone."

"You think we've got it bad, Kerry Katona's piling on the pounds again!"

Guest Patrokles

I love the weight-based Heat stuff. In two consecutive issues they can slate DISGUSTINGLY OVERWEIGHT celebs, and then SHOCKINGLY THIN ones.