Chelsea vs. Liverpool

Super_Steve_Howey

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lampard isnt in the same league as Gerrard. Find it very hard to like Lampard. He seems to be everything I despise.

Congrats on ignoring the point I made :D

I feel the same about Gerrard. The guy's a prick (it would appear)

Chelsea could win 8-0, with Lampard scoring 7 of them, and people would still give man of the match to Gerrard (even if he gets sent off after 2 minutes).

I think it'll be 2-1 Chelsea tonight.

Obsessed tbh :D

I can understand people disliking Liverpool but how anyone can prefer Chelsea, who imo have wrecked the premiership, I really don't know.

I do so sue me. :rolleyes:

I can understand people disliking Liverpool but how anyone can prefer Chelsea, who imo have wrecked the premiership, I really don't know.

Explain how they've "wrecked" the Premiership. It was uncompetitive long before they were bought. Look at the standard of football from Man United and Arsenal and think about the point you're trying to make again.

Explain how they've "wrecked" the Premiership. It was uncompetitive long before they were bought. Look at the standard of football from Man United and Arsenal and think about the point you're trying to make again.

Because it is much more uncompetitive now. If a club makes a big profit through its fanbase and invests it on their team then good luck to them. Slight difference between that and a club on the verge of bankruptcy that is bought out by a dodgy Russian billionaire (completely unconnected to the club) and can buy any player they want, at any price, without ever having to balance the books, purely on the whim of the owner.

Liverpool a big team through their history, as to a lesser extent are Arsenal. ManU are big through history and fanbase; I have no complaints. In comparison Chelsea are the epitome of everything that is wrong with football and are wholly artificial. I can't wait for the day Abromovic gets sick of them or is assassinated/arrested or whatever and they go bust tbh.

Because it is much more uncompetitive now. If a club makes a big profit through its fanbase and invests it on their team then good luck to them. Slight difference between that and a club on the verge of bankruptcy that is bought out by a dodgy Russian billionaire (completely unconnected to the club) and can buy any player they want, at any price, without ever having to balance the books, purely on the whim of the owner.

Liverpool a big team through their history, as to a lesser extent are Arsenal. ManU are big through history and fanbase; I have no complaints. In comparison Chelsea are the epitome of everything that is wrong with football and are wholly artificial. I can't wait for the day Abromovic gets sick of them or is assassinated/arrested or whatever and they go bust tbh.

What a load of bollocks. The premiership was being dominated by Man United and Arsenal. Now it's being dominated by Man United and Chelsea. To say they've "wrecked" the premiership is utter utter drivel. Nothing has changed. Cheslea are just another team who can buy any player in the world, just like Man United could. Just because they've "gained it" rather than "earned it" has absolutely nothing to do with how good the PL is as a league.

Actually, it's technically more competitive now - at the start of the season any of 4 clubs could have won the title. A few years ago it was only 2.

Aye largely they've added a 3rd option to the usual two really, not really changed much else.

The only way the Premiership would be competitive again in a real way is if they did make a european super league.

(although clearly this isn't an intelligent comment and therefore must be bollocks so Renton's right.... oh wait)

Edited by Fop

What a load of bollocks. The premiership was being dominated by Man United and Arsenal. Now it's being dominated by Man United and Chelsea. To say they've "wrecked" the premiership is utter utter drivel. Nothing has changed. Cheslea are just another team who can buy any player in the world, just like Man United could. Just because they've "gained it" rather than "earned it" has absolutely nothing to do with how good the PL is as a league.

Actually, it's technically more competitive now - at the start of the season any of 4 clubs could have won the title. A few years ago it was only 2.

We're never going to agree on this Gol but I'm fairly sure most people would agree the premiership has become worse since Chelsea sold out to Abromovic, and most would see a causal link. Even a lot of Chelsea fans feel uneasy with the situation. It seems you just can't see the difference between investing in success and buying it; well fair enough but the difference to me is fundamental.

From Newcastles point of view of course they have jumped ahead of us when rightfully they should be where Leeds are. But more depressingly is the negative effect they have had on players wages and the transfer market, which has hurt every other club. Even more depressing is our lapdog relationship with them, but that's another story.

Aye largely they've added a 3rd option to the usual two really, not really changed much else.

The only way the Premiership would be competitive again in a real way is if they did make a european super league.

(although clearly this isn't an intelligent comment and therefore must be bollocks so Renton's right.... oh wait)

FFS Fop give it a rest man, it's embarassing.

FFS Fop give it a rest man, it's embarassing.

You'd think it would be for them yes.

I agree, as much as I despise Chelsea (and you know I do!) I will begrudgingly admit that the league has opened up a bit, although there are aspects they have contributed to the league that are less than savoury, although that is more down to Mourinho than Abramavoich. Whilst Chelsea are not the only team that intimidate refs and cheat they are certainly the most persistant at it.

I agree, as much as I despise Chelsea (and you know I do!) I will begrudgingly admit that the league has opened up a bit, although there are aspects they have contributed to the league that are less than savoury, although that is more down to Mourinho than Abramavoich. Whilst Chelsea are not the only team that intimidate refs and cheat they are certainly the most persistant at it.

I'd say that's something Man U, Arsenal and now Chelski have in common tbh, and have for a long while.